Sprint bringing new Androids, including EVO 3D, Nexus S 4G, EVO View (Tab) to CTIA?

H_D

Mar 2, 2009
Visit site
Sprint bringing a trio of new Androids, including EVO 3D, to CTIA? | PhoneDog

Nexus S 4G, which is, you guessed, a Nexus S with WiMAX support built in. Engadget says that this could either be the SPH-D600 or SPH-D720, both of which recently got certified by the WiFi Alliance, although the D720 is the more likely of the two.

EVO 3D, another device with a fairly straightforward name. Unfortunately, there's not much else known about this particular handset just yet.

EVO View, which could end up becoming a CDMA-powered HTC Flyer.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
We will have to see the specs on the EVO 3D before making judgement. If it is a powerhouse phone, 3D will just be a bonus.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
this brings a little more life to the Sprint announcement--after the last flop with the Echo announcement.
hopefully they're not touting this as an Evo3D--but packing it with awesome specs to round it out. and if the supposed Netflix capability is confirmed, i'll be a happy camper.
Early Term Fee + New Customer Pricing=huzza!

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not into 3D, but the LG Optimus 3D has killer specs, so it's not that big a deal to me as long as it's a good device.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I like the idea of the 4G and 3D phones. But I worry about the battery life. The battery life for the EVO was horrendous for me. Now with a 3D screen, I'm thinking that the battery life is going to be quite poor. I would like to see what the 3D on a phone will look. I'm thinking tthag it may not be as spectacular as everyone thinks its going to be.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Looking forward to the evo 3d,not worried about battery life. I came from a pre and the evo has been 100 times better with battery life.

Evo-lution

Bujin#IM

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Maybe I'm weird, bit I don't see anything really exciting in this announcement. The Nexus S is fine, but doesn't seem compelling enough to get me away from my EVO. And 3D is far more gimmicky than the much-maligned Echo.

reagan247

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm reserved about this announcement as well, because I'm not interested in a 3D screen/phone at all, but if Sprint pushed for upped specs on the Evo3D like they did with the original Evo - before anyone else had it - then I'll be on board and order mine!

giograves

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I'm weird, bit I don't see anything really exciting in this announcement. The Nexus S is fine, but doesn't seem compelling enough to get me away from my EVO. And 3D is far more gimmicky than the much-maligned Echo.

No your not weird at all, we're just in the minority. lol

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Either way, the hardware specs should be pretty good. You don't have to use the 3d, it only comes into play with movies and certain games. The 3d part pretty much guarantees that this thing is going to have some ballz! Since all devices with the name Evo in it (including the Evo View aka Flyer) are made by HTC, and since HTC has been using nothing but Qualcomm products, I am pretty sure that the Evo 3d will have the Snapdragon 2 in it, and that is pretty good news seeing how the Adreno 220 is no slouch by any means of the imagination. Also, as mentioned by another member earlier, Netflix should be on board with the Evo 3d too since new Snapdragons are the only ones that passed the security scrutiny of Netflix so far, that would really be awesome!

Lets hope it all plays out the way I am thinking it will. Maybe they will give us an even bigger screen? 4.5" anyone? After all, bigger screens just help the 3d effect.

Reactions: H_D

Droid-One

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am down for the NExus S but good old Sammy Samsung is going to probably keep me from getting it. I just don't trust samsung. Any company that charges the carrier for upgrades is just a crook. Example vibrant 4g on tmobile. Now I know google will be pushing the updates from what I hear but until I see the support, there is no way i'm going to drop a dime into samsungs pocket.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I am down for the NExus S but good old Sammy Samsung is going to probably keep me from getting it. I just don't trust samsung. Any company that charges the carrier for upgrades is just a crook. Example vibrant 4g on tmobile. Now I know google will be pushing the updates from what I hear but until I see the support, there is no way i'm going to drop a dime into samsungs pocket.

Best thing about the Nexus S is that Samsung isn't handling the software. I'm going to consider the NS when it drops and we know a bit more about what's coming later this year. Would be cool to have the google base phone. This is also the only phone with a Samsung label on it that I'd even consider buying.

But, I want to see the 3D phone, too. Gimmicky, useless....that may all be true but I'm looking forward to seeing it and playing with it.

Man, I hope I can get my Echo deposit back. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2