Repairing Your Broken Evo

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
If you're like me, your phone's warranty is probably voided b/c the phone is rooted. Well, I was searching for a way to repair the phone and I ran across this vid on youtube and consequently, the associated site. I'm ordering the part to fix my Evo (busted screen from stepping on the freaking face). I'll let you know how the process went. By the way, they have parts for more models of phones.

Here's the video:

YouTube - HTC EVO 4G LCD Screen Replacement Instruction Repair Guide

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Sprint repair centers will replace the screen for $35. You might have to call around as the first store I called wanted me to deal with Assurion

steelewise

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Sprint repair centers will replace the screen for $35. You might have to call around as the first store I called wanted me to deal with Assurion

Nope they dont do that anymore:'(
I just dropped mine and saw that same thing posted somewhere and called the sprint store and i was told they stopped doing that like 3 weeks ago.
I guess if the crack is less than an inch u can still get the repair for 35, I think thats crap since its the same repair 1 inch or shattered a digitizer but thats what i was told called sprint and trew a fit and got no where. I just ordered my digitizer off amazon myself.
Nice how they quietly took away that service:mad:

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I have taken apart a few EVOs and replacing the GLASS/Digitizer is much easier then going the small extra step and replacing the LCD.
The couple i had apart the LCD had so much adhesive tape it made it very difficult to replace.
Not sure why they were so hard but if the LCD is already broken then it really doesnt matter.
For me prying it apart with out making any marks on the outside was the challenge.

Its possible to do but unless you have experience taking apart small electronics its going to betough.
Let us know how it goes.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I had mine replaced a few weeks ago because the screen was lifting off.(that can happen to refurbished phones)

To the Op. Thnxs for the Link.

TrueDrooid

May 22, 2010
Visit site
If you have the $7 insurance plan, Sprint will fix for free. They changed that last October unless something else new has changed.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If you have the $7 insurance plan, Sprint will fix for free. They changed that last October unless something else new has changed.

A couple weeks ago Sprint quit covering smashed screens. Official documentation says no more than 2 scratches less than an inch long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995