Fix: MLB At Bat 2011 Evo 3G/4G Audio Streaming

chappo2000

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey...

Not sure if this is old news but I thought I'd post the fix for the 3G/4G streaming loud cracks/pops and rebuffering plaguing many Evo users of MLB At Bat 2011. (v1.0.1)

I called Sprint via *2 and it turns out to be a known problem. They logged me into ##3282# and set my http proxy port to "0" and http proxy address to ?0.0.0.0?. This fixed the issue. Streaming audio is now crystal clear with no rebuffering even on 3G. Now if only MLB would bring back the one free live streaming game video a day like Ipod had last year! lol

Let me know if this fix works for you.

chappo2000

Go Nationals!

Last edited:
Reactions: yankees2323

yankees2323

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issues with the mlb app. I had no problems last year with the steaming radio. How do I do this fix? I went into ##3282# and it asks for edit or view mode. If i go to edit it asks for a password. Any idea what that would be??

chappo2000

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
@yankee2323 Yeah, I had no problems with mlb 2010 either. The only way to get that password is by calling Sprint. Yes, you want the edit option, get the password from Sprint, then under advanced you'll see the settings referenced above that you need to change. I dialed "star 2" on my phone and went through the voice prompts to get to phone technical support. Keep in mind though if you call from your phone they can't walk you through the process. Hope that helps. Reply when it's fixed. :)

@redsox LOL. I'm a Nats fan... so if I got help based only on who likes my team I'd be SOL.

Last edited:

anon(45526)

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
All in fun, right chappo? At least you're loyal to your team. I'm from New England originally and was a Sox fan before it was cool and all the pink hats infiltrated the fan base.

chappo2000

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
@redsox Exactly! It wasn't long ago the Sox had that infamous drought... the same kind of drought the Nats will likely be in for a while.

@pappy Yeah, that wasn't my password. Everyone will have to go through Sprint to get theirs. Thanks though.

Also, I forgot to mention that I NEVER had an issue with streaming audio on wifi.... only using 3G or 4G. So don't have a false sense of security if you've tried it on wifi and think you don't have a problem. lol

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
This just worked for me... I had to turn off 4G for the ##3282# trick to work though. Odd.

P.S. is the password they gave me on the phone my MSL?

sfazngiants

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
what did you tell them? the person i talked to did not go through the steps that you did. They just reseted the network and that didn't seem to work. Still popping and reconnecting

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I told them that I was hearing loud cracks/pops while steaming audio on the MLB At Bat app and that the Tips/Support part of the app (in the information section) mentioned that I should call Sprint for a workaround related to an update from earlier in the year.

Dude asked a question or two, and knew exactley what I was talking about....

ETA: the ##3282# thing not working with 4G on was news to him though.

Last edited:

sfazngiants

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
i called them twice. First person told me to take out the battery and update profile and prl. I told them i saw this thread and told him about it but he said this would restore my phone to factory. Second person i talked to said that it is a known problem and said that the cracking sound is probably my speakers and i should take it to a Sprint store. He knew nothing about ##3283# either and i just asked for the msl code and did it myself.

anon(45526)

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
I called today and told them I was hearing the pops and cracks mentioned earlier in this thread. I then told them about reading this fix on this forum. They had me turn the phone off and back on, put me on hold for a few minutes, and boom-everything was working. I was back listening to my Red Sox lose with no issues. They told me they were aware of the problem since the last update had compatibility issues. All in all the whole process took about 5 minutes, or in tonight's games term, about two Dice-K pitches.

yankees2323

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I got it fixed using the ##3283# method. If you are rooted you can get a free msl reader app off the market to give you your code. Went in and changed the things talked about on the first post and now the streaming audio works great. Thanks for the info.

biggamer3

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
the ##3282# doesnt do anything when i try inputting it. Right after the last 2 the # key doesnt even come up on the phone dial and all teh digits get erased

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs