Camera opens but loads black screen.....HELP!

TheTim11

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm in a serious crisis...

Whenever I click the camera icon, it loads a black screen. I can only exit by pressing the home button. Same thing for the camcorder. I took out the battery for about 5 minutes and it still loaded a black screen.

How the heck do I fix this?

Thanks for any input.

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
you tryed a hard reset?? if you dont want to do that route, take it to sprint tech store so they can put a new camera module on it...

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
you tryed a hard reset?? if you dont want to do that route, take it to sprint tech store so they can put a new camera module on it...

+1

Nand backup, hard reset and try it. If it still doenst work, take to sprint service center

Ayryyn

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Couple of questions :
1. how recent did you get your Evo?
2. Are you rooted?
3. Are you using a SBC (trickle charging) kernel? If yes, try getting the newest version.

My friend had the same issue. Turns out that newer Evos have a different camera driver and older SBC kernels do no support it. Just flash the newest kernel and your camera should work just fine.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

wolverinexc

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I started having this problem with my evo about 3 days ago. Also, my flash for my internet apps hasn't been working for maybe a month. Resetting my phone didn't help. I just decided to try downgrading my flash player app in the market from 10.3 to 10.1 by going to the market, searching for"flash player", and selecting it. Then you click "uninstall updates" at the top. Make sure auto-update is off. This solved my camera and flash issues! Hope this helps! -Nick

Last edited:

thekid

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
could be a bad kernel,my evo doesnt like some kernels and the camera not working could be a side effect.

my evo runs good on the latest Ziggy kernel but hates his oct.release (camera doing what yours is doing)

CookooBirdy

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine just did this tonight. I was using it and took a picture just fine but the next one I tried to take the camera screen turned black. I thought it was because it was dark outside but when I got into the light it didnt change any.

p.s.
does a hard reset, factory rest, ect. wipe the phone completly clean cept for built in functions and apps? or will contacts be erased?
Oh and also have any of you guys had issues with the messaging sytem i keep having general issue notes popping up and sending pictures/ dowloads dont work so well. Also what exactly is the kernal you are talking bout?
Any help is appreciated Thanks :)

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Fixing a camera when it?s showing nothing but a black screen can be a difficult task sometimes. Check out How to fix your Smartphone if the Camera shows a Black Screen for some tips on how to fix this annoying issue.

One of the last steps in trying to fix this issue is to factory reset the phone.

Yes CookooBirdy, make sure that you backup your phone before a factory data reset because it will erase everything that you put onto the phone, including your contacts. If you need help then how to backup and reset an Android phone can guide you through the backup and reset process.

As for your messaging issue CookooBirdy look into How to fix an Android phone Stuck on Sending or Downloading when picture messaging. It should help you fix that issue as well.

~ Moneypenny~

Belinda Fender

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm in a serious crisis...

Whenever I click the camera icon, it loads a black screen. I can only exit by pressing the home button. Same thing for the camcorder. I took out the battery for about 5 minutes and it still loaded a black screen.

How the heck do I fix this?

Thanks for any input.

Omg this happened to me and I didn't know what to do...so I kept Googling until I did just about everything they said. I fixed mine about ten minutes ago...here is what I did.
Leave your phone on...take the back off....take the battery out....put your finger over the camera lens and give it a slight push....put the battery back in and turn on....check to see if your camera is working....good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles