Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Evo disrupts Plantronics Wireless Headset

We recently installed Plantronics CS55 wirelss headsets at our office. My headset is breaking up when my Evo is nearby. Any solutions to this? Are they transmitting on the same signal? Could it be the wi-fi from our office and me having it enabled on my phone?

You know that bluetooth, WiFi, 2.4ghz cordless phones, and microwaves all blast in the same frequency range, right?

Given that, if you have a Wifi point near your headset, or other headsets in close proximity, they could all interfere with each other.

Just my 2
    Sprint Galaxy S3 - rooted but still stock for now.
    Nook Color running CM7

The Evo has 1900 and 2500 Mhz transmitters. Your headset is also 1900 Mhz. So yes. You could have interference.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I know our Wireless access point is dual band. Would it help to change it? or can i change a setting on the evo?

I have this same problem at work. It causes headset audio to cut out. If I'm in 4G mode it seems to help but I normally put my phone in airplane mode.

Default Maybe try the Plantronics CS70N Wireless Headset

I would say the Plantronics CS55 wireless headset would work best for your dual channel.
    Last edited by theheadsetshop; 05-21-2013 at 10:46 AM.

Check out the V100 from VXi. If you are familiar with the CS55 it won't be a huge change, but it does last longer with better audio. Stay away from Jabra, they make garbage wireless these days unless you are buying the $400 models with a touch screen base.

I'm actually a territory manager for VXi and am around hundreds of them a day. Can attest to the Evo causing zero issues.

VXi Corp :: VXi V100 Wireless Headset System :: Designed specifically for office environments, the VXi V100 wireless headset system gives you the freedom to get more done.

I am having the same issue. Unfortunately, it is my work phone and I won't be able to swap it out. Just wish there was some sort of fix for it instead of disabling the network.

Default Reply

Wireles headsets are always good. I own one from sound id and it is working great.