Memory Low notification

npoz

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
On my EVO I keep getting the low memory warning on the notification screen. I keep moving apps to the SD card but am still amost out. How can I tell what apps or installed on the phone so I can move them to free up space? Currently it says I have 43.04 MB available on internal storage. Or any other help would be apppreciated.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you browse the web a lot on your phone it is worth it to clear your web cache. From the browser,

Menu > More > Settings > Cache

Also, if you go from a home screen into into:

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications

the top has tabs that show Downloaded, Running, All, On SD card.

The downloaded ones are the only ones that will be able to be moved and if you want to see what you have already moved to the SD card, just go to the "On SD card" tab.

How many programs do you have installed? Do you use all of them? Any particular space hogs?

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It's probably worthwhile to clear the cache on all of your installed apps. I did that and it freed up 20 megs of internal storage space.

...of course, that means the cache will build up again after a while, and if you have a lot of apps (which I assume you do, if you're getting the low memory warning), it would take a long time to go through and clear the cache for all of your apps. That's why I installed an app to automatically clear the cache of all of my apps daily. However, from what I can tell, all such apps require rooting, so it might not be for you if you don't want to do that.

reeper55

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Get App2SD it finds everything that can be moved to your SD card and instantly does so when you download something new. It also clears your cache. Great app!!

Reactions: IIAspire

Lord Vader

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Except that after I double-checked something on a2sd pro, I noticed that I've got 31 apps on my SD card that can be moved to internal storage (I won't do that, obviously) and 46 apps that are listed as "cannot be moved to the external storage." Now I wonder why these 46 apps are listed as unmovable.

Some of them include Slingbox (SlingPlayer), DirecTV, AIM, Chase Bank, ScoreMobile, K-9 mail, Go SMS, and several more.

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I hate saying this but........ how about adding one more app. LOL . Seriously though, DiskUsage by Ivan Volosyuk will give you a breakdown on what is where and how big.

Last edited:

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Another thing to try would be to get rid of some of your text messages.
I have noticed that many EVO owners are starting to get this warning around the same time.