Swype Update?

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance, but there is a new update for Swype and now I have a few questions.

1) It says it is for beta, but our version of Swype is now within the software of the EVO, so I'm not sure that is still considered beta, so can we get this update?

2) If we can get this update, how? :) Will it appear in the market? Do I have to go to Swype's website to get it?

Thanks for the help.

balansboy

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for posting. I was wondering the exact same thing. I had the beta, but of coarse had to delete before the update that made it native to the Evo. Not sure how this whole thing works now.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
It would seem to me that the only way you can get the Beta update is to have a rooted phone, delete the stock Swype apk from the System>Apps folder and then install the Swype Beta.

You would have to sign up for the Beta if you didn't before.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It would seem to me that the only way you can get the Beta update is to have a rooted phone, delete the stock Swype apk from the System>Apps folder and then install the Swype Beta.

You would have to sign up for the Beta if you didn't before.

Exactly. The beta will not work with the version that came from Sprint/HTC. You should not consider the version that came with the OTA update "beta."

So, to install a beta update, you need to be either running a beta version, or none at all.

Running the version that came with the OTA, then all updates would have to be either from another OTA, or from the market, after Swype is no longer in beta.