Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Remotely wipe phone...how?

how can i remotely wipe my evo? i lost it last night and it still is on. i want to wipe it clean before i deactivate through sprint. does google have a feature like that? i have mylookout on it but not the premium version and cannot upgrade to it via website (only within app--thats stupid).

any tips please?

Everywhere that i can see is that you have to have an application on the phone BEFORE you lost it or it was stolen in order for it to work. If the EVO had the new HTC Sense 2.0 it can be done with no additional software from the website. But without it and you dont have the security software with remote wipe, it cannot be done. Sorry.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Note 4

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I see. when did the htc sense 2.0 come out? and how i would learn more about this? you'd think Google would have thought ab this possibility. haha.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Check with Sprint. I've read on there site that they offer that service with other features. I do believe it even has a free trial period.

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Coming from Palm that was one feature they had locked down real good.

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Joescan View Post
    Coming from Palm that was one feature they had locked down real good.
    At least they did one thing right.

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

do this

go to market.android.com
    find the Sprint TEP app
    click 'install' on the website
    the app will then be pushed/installed to your phone

i've never used the TEP app--but i know you can remotely install apps on your phone using the android market webpage---

not sure the mechanics of doing it after you install it to your phone, might require you to actually use teh phone to set it up. if it doesn't, and you can use it through some website *(like Sprint.com), then you're in luck.

just a suggestion.

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by eldub1 View Post
    At least they did one thing right.
    Yeah give them some cerdit webos is pretty amazing and I never would of switched if they came out with a slab type device.

Quote Originally Posted by Lestah_613 View Post
    I see. when did the htc sense 2.0 come out? and how i would learn more about this? you'd think Google would have thought ab this possibility. haha.
    It is currently only available on the HTC Inspire. When i spoke with an HTC rep last, they did say that AT&T has exclusivity for a few more months before it opens up to other devices on other carriers.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Note 4

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!