Can't view items from SD card on the phone. HELP!

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
When I try to look at my photos and various items on my SD card from the phone, I can't. If I plug it up and view via my computer, everything is still there. What can it be and how do I correct it. Thanks in advance.

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
is it mounted or unmounted? when you go into SD Card and Phone Storage does it show your space or unavailable? You can try moving everything to your PC and reformatting the SD card then putting everything back

Reactions: csierra72

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
is it mounted or unmounted? when you go into SD Card and Phone Storage does it show your space or unavailable? You can try moving everything to your PC and reformatting the SD card then putting everything back

It shows me my available and used space. I already tried moving and reformatting. My custom icons came back but I still can't view anything.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
if u have a file manager installed check and see if its loading ur thumbnails...if it does check the format of those and change might have to done there

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
if u have a file manager installed check and see if its loading ur thumbnails...if it does check the format of those and change might have to done there

Just went into Astro and checked. Thumbnails are there. What kind of change would I have to make?

notlehs

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue too... Here is how I repaired it.

Connect it to a Windows PC using the USB cable...
Select Disk Drive on the screen when it asks.
After it connects, run a scan disk on the phone... tell it to repair all errors automatically.

After that ran... i restarted the phone and it was all good.

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Connect it to a Windows PC using the USB cable...
Select Disk Drive on the screen when it asks.
After it connects, run a scan disk on the phone... tell it to repair all errors automatically.

After that ran... i restarted the phone and it was all good.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot shortly.

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Still no luck. Swapped SD cards and all was good for about half a day and then it stopped working again. Just got off the phone with Sprint and they are going to send me another phone.

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
^^^Props to Sprint CS, they seem to take a beating around here. Gotta show em some love when they do things right too!!

Absolutely. They said they couldn't figure it out so they would ship me a new phone out asap. Got tracking info this morning.

csierra72

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Got it fixed. A poster on XDA suggested I look for a file named .nomedia on my card and sure as hell there was. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa