Saving voice mail greeting, please help!

kenjancef

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
This might be long, but here goes:

I have an EVO, but have to switch to Verizon. Problem is, I have 3 lines, one of them being my mother-in-law's phone. The problem with that is it used to be my father-in-law's, but on Christmas Eve 2005 he had a massive heart attack and passed away. And the voice mail greeting on that phone is still my father-in-law's voice, and the family (and I) would not want to loose it.

So here's the thing: when I switch to Verizon, the phone and voice greeting will disappear, so I want to record it somehow, so when I make the switch, I can play it into the new phone to record the greeting again.

My question: Using my EVO, is there an app of some sort that will record a phone call, so if I call the phone and get the voice message greeting, it gets recorded? That way I can play it back into the new phone, and the greeting reappears. I know the quality mmight suffer, but as long as I can get it recorded digitally, in any kind of format, I can find a way to play it back into the phone.

I know you guys in this forum are awesome, and I know SOMEBODY will be able to help me on this. I can't switch until I get this done.

Thanks a lot guys!!!!!!

Ken
East Providence, RI

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I know that Google Voice can record calls, so you might be able to call your number from another phone using a Google Voice number (I think you press "3" during a call to get to the recording option, not sure, you can Google it), but I don't know if that will provide you with enough time to record the entire voice mail greeting message.

kenjancef

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I will try it.

One though: if I get a cable with a headphone jack on both ends, plug one into my phone, then the other to the line-in on my computer, then dial the number I need, do you think I could use an audio recording program to record the call? I'm thinking that might work...

Ken

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I will try it.

One though: if I get a cable with a headphone jack on both ends, plug one into my phone, then the other to the line-in on my computer, then dial the number I need, do you think I could use an audio recording program to record the call? I'm thinking that might work...

Ken

That might work and give you the best audio quality of all. You can then try using a program like "Audacity" to clean up any hiss in the sound file.