Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 3g connectivity

Lately my 3g connection sucks it often turnsoff by itself and even when on just flat out is alot slower than it used to everywhere I go ....anyone else experiencing this? If is how have you fixed this issue ?

ROM

Not sure of your location, but I am in Oklahoma and am not experiencing any issues.
    Don't be stupid, be awesome.

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

First off, is ur 4g in the scanning mode...make sure thats off if you know theres no 4g in ur area. second make ur ur wi-fi is off....u could be getting inteference from them if they are on. then id all else fails you may have to turn on ur gps setting to get better 3g connection.....just some of things I've tried when I'm in a slow 3g area....I have both 3g and 4g in my area so just I'm one of the lucky ones
    Current: Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Roms: Lab Rats LK8
    Version:4.1.2
    Hardware: L900.09
    Baseband: L900VPALK8
    PRI: ?
    PRL: 55010
    Kernel: 3.0.31-626403scinfra@SEP-83#1
    Themes: Million Shades of Gray
    Launcher: TW Launcher
    Recovery: TWRP
    Retired: Samsung Instinct,Palm Pre,HTC Evo 4g,htc Evo 4G LTE

Mine is working fine here in the "Big Apple" - Try either one of these two troubleshooting •> (1) Turn on/off airplane mode. •> (2) Update data profile.(menu - settings - system updates - update profile.

Ps. If all fails - contact your carrier for assistance.

Good luck -
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I updated the profile and that seems like it took care of it thank you for your help

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

I am also having horrible 3g service. Speed test are from 30k to 300k...
    Went to the service center and they jacked with my phone for a couple minutes and gave it back, I checked my speeds and they were decent 1100k.
    Now a couple hours later they are CRAP again. I'm in Indianapolis and have always had good speeds. Oh and this is a replacement phone I just got last week.