beware-no internet with root

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
don't know about how the rest of you are all doing. but if i didn't know better. i'd say that sprint found a way to beat root.

i've had NO 3g for the past week. and 4g has been very very spotty at best. my phone has been nothing but a calling machine and ipod player. i'm thinking the radio went out.

yesterday i restored the phone to stock. so i can take it in for warranty. and **** is working again. 3g is staying on. my email is downloading and my weather screen is updating.

gonna give it a couple of days to see what happens. but man i hope i'm not going to have to give up root.

sasha

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm rooted and my phone is working fine. I think Sprint had some issues yesterday with 3g and 4g services they may have caused your problem?

swissarmy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Using Kings 2, 3, C7 & have not had a single issue with 3g or 4g as of recent. Either temporary network error or the rom.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
stock rooted 3.29. HAD NO issues untill last weekend.

wiped and reloaded 3 times over the week. so yesterday i put stock 3.7. worked fine. did the unrevoked forever thing. last 15 minutes and quit. so wiped and reloaded again. leaving it alone for now to see what happens.

i don't use any of them baked roms. i like full functionality of my phone. including 4g and hdmi.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Rooted with no 3g issues here.

And my Sense based ROM is working fine for HDMI and 4G (when I'm in a 4G service are :p)

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
5 different radios didnt work. neither did prl and profile updates.

so far i'm stuck with stock unroot. it's the only thing working at the moment.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Off the subject, but totally on it, I bought a new laptop last night as my other was on its last leg. Was doing the routine of 4 hours of updates and loads before using and I kept losing connection. Wanted to blame the laptop so bad and was planning on taking it back this morning. Woke up and everything downloaded fine before I went to work. It was my internet that was screwed up and not the laptop. Lesson learned.

deltatko

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
My usb port quit on me yesterday and when i was at the sprint store getting a replacement, all of the techs were talking about the spotty data for the last few days, so that could be your problem, but it sounds to me that your phone just gave up.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
this is deffinately not because of being rooted unless you jacked something else up while rooting. Chances of that seem slim though if you figured out how to unroot it fine.

dirkyd3rk

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Been rooted since rooting hit the scene and no data issues unless the rom was a port/beta or something and data didn't work. No carrier has been able to beat root; the devs will always have the upper hand for many reasons.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
well, i was good for 48 hours with stock 3.7.

say what you all want. but 15 minutes after i installed unrevoked. no 3g. and 4g was iffy.

so either my phone is whacked or sprint is screwing with me. but i can't run root anymore.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Ya m8... you've got to be doing something wrong or off. Rooted a week after get my EVO and running all kinds of ROM's. Never had any issues with 3g or 4g(when running a Sense rom).

What recovery are you using, clockworkmod or Amon RA??? Maybe your not doing the wipes right or not wiping the right stuff.

I don't think Sprint has found away to block root. When you root your device you change coding on the device it's self.

Sent From My MIUI havin, Gingerbread Throwing EVO 4G

Dark Phoenix

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I would say maybe the RSA keys were wiped out is what I would've said, but thats wrong. I too had issues, issues with connecting to wifi. Not sure if it was due to the fact that At&t is a horrible for internet. Maybe it's the rom? You should have wiped the ROM, went with normal sense+root. If that didn't work then you just unroot.