1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,069 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Better battery life with LauncherPro?

Would I get better battery life if I used LauncherPro instead of Sense?

Potentially, but I would only expect to see a slight improvement.

What are you seeing for battery life now? Have you followed the methods in the battery life sticky?

You could always root and install a ROM that is less of a resource hog and a Kernel that can undervolt.

Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    ROM
    VaelPak Asop 2.2

Doubt it. I use Launcher Pro Plus and love it, I just do not think you would have a noticeable difference in battery life between sense and Launcher Pro. Just a guess though, I could be wrong.

using launcher pro I seen quite a bit of difference in my battery it would last alot longer

I would think any battery improvements could be achieved by changing the frequency of updates on the sense widgets...

Well it might be true. If if the LP uses less CPU and RAM then it would. But I think it all depends on your LP settings.

I never saw much improvement with LP or ADW. But I recently started using Launcher 7 and it is quite a bit more efficient. Better battery and smaller.
    "I'm your huckleberry!"

I use Go Launcher, but I think this should work with any launcher...open the Sense launcher and delete all the widgets off each page. Seems as if Sense leaves them running even if you aren't using Sense.

Make sense? ;-)