Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery charging extremly slow/not charging

I suddenly had a problem where my battery charges extremely slow. I installed no new apps or anything. The battery drains quickly when off the charger and when connected to the factory htc charger, the orange light goes on and it either charges exctemly slow or actually starts discharging. I downloaded CurrentWidget and noticed that the phone doesnt go anywhere near the 1 amp that the charger states; it never goes over 400mA and goes as low as 20mA. I tried different charges and cables and can't find a solution. For about two months before this i noticed that my battery wasn't holding charge very well as it used to. Could this be a battery issue? Anyone have any knowledge into this?

It sounds very likely the battery, you could try taking it to a sprint repair store. Tell them what's going on and they might swap batteries. You'd be surprised what people would do if your just polite and nice.

Global Posts
    210 Global Posts

My niece got her evo repaired b/c the charging port was bad. its a known issue. the sprint corporate stores will fix it for free. her screen was broken also and they fixed it as well, i'm assuming b/c they had to take it apart to fix it. anyway they didn't charge anything and her phone is perfect now. they may even give you a new battery.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rem_kujawa View Post
    It sounds very likely the battery, you could try taking it to a sprint repair store. Tell them what's going on and they might swap batteries. You'd be surprised what people would do if your just polite and nice.
    Truer words have never been spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnHigh View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken.
    Thanks, but its so true. You get a lot of stuff if you just ask and are nice about it.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by thegov View Post
    My niece got her evo repaired b/c the charging port was bad. its a known issue. the sprint corporate stores will fix it for free. her screen was broken also and they fixed it as well, i'm assuming b/c they had to take it apart to fix it. anyway they didn't charge anything and her phone is perfect now. they may even give you a new battery.
    Which store was that at? I'm always nice when I go to the sprint stores and they're rarely very helpful. My charging port is so bad the phone won't charge at all. Going in to the store tomorrow. have a broken screen too. We'll see what happens.

to the OP, I had a similar problem with insane battery drain. the thing died in less than 2 hours and at least an hour of that was just standby in my pocket. this occurred a day after flashing the newest CM7 RC2. I backed up, wiped and reflashed and it solved the problem. If you are running a custom rom and you flashed something recently, you may try that out.