1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone number menu organization

I tried searching but I did not find an answer or any related threads. If there is one, sorry, please link me.

How do you remove a number from the phone menu but not in google/gmail and people menu.

This is what I want to do. In my People menu, I have "Friends", "Family", "CoWorkers". Each person has an email and a phone number. That is fine and I'm happy with that it matches my gmail. When I press the Green Phone button, all those in my gmail who have a phone number are in there. I would only use this phone to contact my "Friends" and "Family." I don't need my "Coworkers" group numbers there under the Green Phone button. However, I do NOT want to remove them from my People menu or my gmail. I would like to keep them there if I ever need to call them.

I'm sure I can disable auto sync, then I can remove the phone numbers, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of it being a "Google" phone that syncs with gmail?

To sum it up, how can I tell the Green Phone button menu to only pull phone numbers from my "Friends" and "Family" group and ignore the ones in my "CoWorkers" group but ensure the People menu contains/keeps all 3, without disabling Syncing.

Thanks.

I don't think you can in a sense rom. It auto defaults to show the last/missed calls then it shows the list from the people app in alphabetical order when you hit the phone button. If you were running aosp/cm7 you could put your family friends in "Favorites". Maybe you should check the market for "Dialer One" I hear great things about it and that it has a ton of customization.

Edit: I just saw another app in the market called "go contacts" its another phone/dialer replacement app and it has favs and grouping.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

+1 for Go Contacts and also Go Dialer. They'll do exactly what you are asking for.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks, I'll check out these apps and try them out. It's too bad, without a 3rd party app, you can't customize the phone/dialer app at all.