No photos or video found

ptgoddard#AC

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
For a week now I have all of a sudden can't see my pictures from my Evo gallery. They are on my DCIM so I know they are in my phone. I've tried reformating the SD card but to no avail. Any ideas out there? Thanks.

tbarbs169

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem. Hook up your phone to the computer as a disk drive and look for a file that says ".nomedia" and delete it.

Thanks a ton!:D I have been searching high and low to no avail. Was driving me crazy that i could see all of my "stuff" with Astro, but could not with the gallery or music player.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I know QuickPic gives you the options to hide folders by placing a ".nomedia" file in the folder. But automaticly? Doesn't seem possible....

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

IntelliAbb

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone? I would like to get my videos back. I don't even see them on my sd card under dcim folder :'(

Please help.

Sent from my HTC TB using Android Central Forum app

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone? I would like to get my videos back. I don't even see them on my sd card under dcim folder :'(

Please help.

Sent from my HTC TB using Android Central Forum app

You're hell a desperate, bro! XD Now, for seriousness. Have you ever checked the "LOST.DIR" folder on your SD/SD_EXT card yet? They may have ended in there. See if you see a lot of files in there.

Sent from my HTC Vivid V.I. using Android Central Forums

IntelliAbb

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
out of ~100 videos, I desperately want two out of there that i had not backup yet :(

Yes I looked in the sdcard/LOST.DIR and only found four files that i can care less about.

ROM Manager's error caused me to loose my stuff??... seems like rooting turned out to be expensive in my case... :/

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
out of ~100 videos, I desperately want two out of there that i had not backup yet :(

Yes I looked in the sdcard/LOST.DIR and only found four files that i can care less about.

ROM Manager's error caused me to loose my stuff??... seems like rooting turned out to be expensive in my case... :/

Oooooh, that explains it....why ROM Manager? Why not a custom Recovery? CWM was the cause of this phone bricking, I fixed it though, but never again. Always custom Recovery! And even looking at your files from a computer doesn't help?

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800