Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No photos or video found

For a week now I have all of a sudden can't see my pictures from my Evo gallery. They are on my DCIM so I know they are in my phone. I've tried reformating the SD card but to no avail. Any ideas out there? Thanks.

I had the same problem. Hook up your phone to the computer as a disk drive and look for a file that says ".nomedia" and delete it.
    tbarbs169 likes this.

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

I've had the same problem for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by csierra72 View Post
    I had the same problem. Hook up your phone to the computer as a disk drive and look for a file that says ".nomedia" and delete it.
    Thanks a ton! I have been searching high and low to no avail. Was driving me crazy that i could see all of my "stuff" with Astro, but could not with the gallery or music player.

Default Re: No photos or video found

Thanx for this I almost thought i got a virus that deleted a system file of something.

Anyone knows of the reason it happens?

Carrier
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

I know QuickPic gives you the options to hide folders by placing a ".nomedia" file in the folder. But automaticly? Doesn't seem possible....

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Ok. So I got all my pix but no videos!! What do I do now?

Sent from my HTC TB using Android Central Forum app

Anyone? I would like to get my videos back. I don't even see them on my sd card under dcim folder

Please help.

Carrier
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by IntelliAbb View Post
    Anyone? I would like to get my videos back. I don't even see them on my sd card under dcim folder

Please help.

You're hell a desperate, bro! XD Now, for seriousness. Have you ever checked the "LOST.DIR" folder on your SD/SD_EXT card yet? They may have ended in there. See if you see a lot of files in there.

Sent from my HTC Vivid V.I. using Android Central Forums

Angry Re: No photos or video found

out of ~100 videos, I desperately want two out of there that i had not backup yet

Yes I looked in the sdcard/LOST.DIR and only found four files that i can care less about.

ROM Manager's error caused me to loose my stuff??... seems like rooting turned out to be expensive in my case... :/

Carrier
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by IntelliAbb View Post
    out of ~100 videos, I desperately want two out of there that i had not backup yet

Yes I looked in the sdcard/LOST.DIR and only found four files that i can care less about.

ROM Manager's error caused me to loose my stuff??... seems like rooting turned out to be expensive in my case... :/
    Oooooh, that explains it....why ROM Manager? Why not a custom Recovery? CWM was the cause of this phone bricking, I fixed it though, but never again. Always custom Recovery! And even looking at your files from a computer doesn't help?

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums