Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No photos or video found

For a week now I have all of a sudden can't see my pictures from my Evo gallery. They are on my DCIM so I know they are in my phone. I've tried reformating the SD card but to no avail. Any ideas out there? Thanks.

I had the same problem. Hook up your phone to the computer as a disk drive and look for a file that says ".nomedia" and delete it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts

I've had the same problem for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by csierra72 View Post
    I had the same problem. Hook up your phone to the computer as a disk drive and look for a file that says ".nomedia" and delete it.
    Thanks a ton! I have been searching high and low to no avail. Was driving me crazy that i could see all of my "stuff" with Astro, but could not with the gallery or music player.

Default Re: No photos or video found

Thanx for this I almost thought i got a virus that deleted a system file of something.

Anyone knows of the reason it happens?

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

I know QuickPic gives you the options to hide folders by placing a ".nomedia" file in the folder. But automaticly? Doesn't seem possible....

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums
    Sent from my HTC DROID Vivid Ultra BoRKeD using Android Central Forums.

Ok. So I got all my pix but no videos!! What do I do now?

Sent from my HTC TB using Android Central Forum app

Anyone? I would like to get my videos back. I don't even see them on my sd card under dcim folder

Please help.

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by IntelliAbb View Post
    Anyone? I would like to get my videos back. I don't even see them on my sd card under dcim folder

Please help.

You're hell a desperate, bro! XD Now, for seriousness. Have you ever checked the "LOST.DIR" folder on your SD/SD_EXT card yet? They may have ended in there. See if you see a lot of files in there.

Sent from my HTC Vivid V.I. using Android Central Forums

Angry Re: No photos or video found

out of ~100 videos, I desperately want two out of there that i had not backup yet

Yes I looked in the sdcard/LOST.DIR and only found four files that i can care less about.

ROM Manager's error caused me to loose my stuff??... seems like rooting turned out to be expensive in my case... :/

ROM
    BoRKeD/1.2 GHz stock

Quote Originally Posted by IntelliAbb View Post
    out of ~100 videos, I desperately want two out of there that i had not backup yet

Yes I looked in the sdcard/LOST.DIR and only found four files that i can care less about.

ROM Manager's error caused me to loose my stuff??... seems like rooting turned out to be expensive in my case... :/
    Oooooh, that explains it....why ROM Manager? Why not a custom Recovery? CWM was the cause of this phone bricking, I fixed it though, but never again. Always custom Recovery! And even looking at your files from a computer doesn't help?

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums