1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default increase music volume?

Whats the method or trick to increasing my audio volume with playing music through my headphones?

The same MP3 on my ipod is much louder than the same file on my EVO.

Any help is appreciated.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

damn, am I the only one who doesnt think the EVO has a soft audio output for headphones?

I have never had a problem with it, but I tend to use tight fitting earbuds with my EVO, not my big "can" style headphones.

Well I personally don't experience a lack of volume on this phone.

As an experiment, last night I tuned into Pandora and set the channel to my "Joe Walsh". Using an open headset. I turned on the TV set at a normal level for a noise test and heard nothing but Joe playing Funk 49. LOL
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,011 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Poweramp...check it out.
    Much crisper sound on my DINC and it has an EQ.

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey184 View Post
    damn, am I the only one who doesnt think the EVO has a soft audio output for headphones?
    I use Sony brand ear buds and I only get up to about 3/4 to max
    before my ears start to hurt. nice and loud if you ask me

poweramp isn't the trick.

gummy ear buds from walmart for $10 IS however the trick.

don't buy the other brands. they were as crappy as the stock set.

by the way. walmart sells the stock set for $2.67

not all earbuds are created equal. some are just flat out lousy these days.

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

I got these Skullcandy earbuds, and normally have the media volume set at just one tick above nothing. I do this so that I can still hear my co-workers if they talk to me... although half the time, I still can't make out what they're saying, even if I can tell that they're talking.

If being able to hear others aren't a requirement, I'd be setting the volume at just below half with these earbuds. I'd probably lose my hearing if I set them louder than that and listen for an extended period.

Maybe you should consider new headphones?

Gummy headphones yes they are cheap and they are the truth. Can't go wrong with them. By the way I use Double Twist with the gummy headphones I have to turn the volume down.

what is double twist?

i find the gummy earphones sufficient enough to turn down the volume a little to keep away the distortion.

bring a commercial truck driver. the stock earphones were just pathetic

What are these "stock" headphones everyone speaks of?? LOL I just checked my box to be sure I wasn't crazy and my EVO didn't come with stock headphones... BTW- I use Bose headphones (got them as a gift as I am too cheap to pay that much for headphones) but they work great. As a back-up I use JVC but they never stay in my ears the same. Volume level is great.

who said anything about headphones.

we were talking earpeices

Quote Originally Posted by denisew1972 View Post
    What are these "stock" headphones everyone speaks of?? LOL I just checked my box to be sure I wasn't crazy and my EVO didn't come with stock headphones...

Oh good, I wasn't the only one who dug the box out of it's dusty corner in the closet to look. LOL

Global Posts
    404 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by denisew1972 View Post
    What are these "stock" headphones everyone speaks of?? LOL I just checked my box to be sure I wasn't crazy and my EVO didn't come with stock headphones... BTW- I use Bose headphones (got them as a gift as I am too cheap to pay that much for headphones) but they work great. As a back-up I use JVC but they never stay in my ears the same. Volume level is great.
    Yeah, I was gonna say, I didn't get any "stock headphones" with my Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by snowwy66 View Post
    poweramp isn't the trick.

gummy ear buds from walmart for $10 IS however the trick.

don't buy the other brands. they were as crappy as the stock set.

by the way. walmart sells the stock set for $2.67

not all earbuds are created equal. some are just flat out lousy these days.
    I do believe you were talking headphones "earbuds"... glad I'm not the only one who thought so.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

there is a way to do it with cdma tools i dont recomend it though it blows out your speakers i did it to my old evo even after i replaced the speaker it still blew the new one out!!!!!
    If at first you don't succeed you have two options:
    1: redefine success
    2: lower your expectations