Phone Dialer Sounds

wolf1989#AC

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
I have a slight problem with the sound from my phone dialer and this is the second Evo that's done this to me.

For awhile the phone makes sound (the usual phone dialing noise) when I dial. Now however it seems that the noise is coming through the handset and not the speaker so that the sound is very quiet and barely heard. This normally wouldn't be a problem except that on the original phone this seemed to be a precursor to the speaker in the headset actually going out.

I've tried everything I can think of short of doing a hard reset on the phone. This particular Evo is a new one that I picked up, it's less then a month old.

AJ1887

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
The same thing happened to my evo....I just exchanged it for a new one....u should probably do the same since u said its less than a month old.

wolf1989#AC

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
The only problem is this is the second phone its happened on. There has to be a reason its doing this. Maybe a setting got changed or something.

bodyhammer2000

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem. One day its working and the next its gone. I can hear the tone through the back of the speaker, but it is very very low. I tried checking my settings to see if I had accidentally changed something but no, everything seems to be set just the way I had it when I first bought the phone.