EVO App Update / Market Issues HELP!!!

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so a couple of weeks ago I was having issues updating my apps. I found several threads online about a possible fix whinch involved deleting a file in the android secure folder on the SD card. The file name causing issues is 'smdl2tmp1.asec' I believe. Well, I accidentally deleted all of the files in the secure folder and now I cannot access any of my apps. The app is not showing in the app drawer but it is showing as installed in the market. Any idea how I can recover my apps without doing a hard reset?

Thanks in advance.

SSjon

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Being that the file missing is on the SD card you have two options.

Delete the bad file and restart the phone. It should recreate the file and its contents.

Copy all the files from the SD onto a computer, except the bad file. Then format the SD card. Transfer all of the copied files back over. The phone will recreate the damaged file and all the contents.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so a couple of weeks ago I was having issues updating my apps. I found several threads online about a possible fix whinch involved deleting a file in the android secure folder on the SD card. The file name causing issues is 'smdl2tmp1.asec' I believe. Well, I accidentally deleted all of the files in the secure folder and now I cannot access any of my apps. The app is not showing in the app drawer but it is showing as installed in the market. Any idea how I can recover my apps without doing a hard reset?

Thanks in advance.

No since you deleted those folders your going to need to reinstall them. Just go into the market, uninstall then reinstall. As for the updating apps issue, the best fix was to delete the entire Android_Secure folder. Then start it fresh, the problem was an earlier version of the Market caused issues within that folder and prevented it from reading the SD correctly if apps had updates. Which is now fixed in the newer versions of the Market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital