1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New to forum and New EVO owner

Hey everyone this is my first post just got my EVO about a month ago and I am loving it! Learning something new everyday about it thats for sure. I live in East TN and still in my area no 4g yet :-( but I decided I am gonna be patient and wait for it to hit here so I can get some higher speeds keep your fingers crossed for me. I am a musician and have a signed band and we play out of town alot I love my EVO for all the guitar apps like "Ripchord" and "Gieson Guitar Tuner" and a small recording app I use also. I also keep my bands social networking on top of its game through my phone so the EVO for me was a no brainer when choosing a provider and a phone. Also its my first smart phone so I wanted to start with the best. Thanks again! Look forward to talking on the forums.

Welcome! You will enjoy the Evo 4g or not!

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Good luck with it. It is a great device, and AC is an awesome place to get ideas and help. People are very friendly, and if you search the forums, you can usually find the answers you are looking for.

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

4G is overrated in my opinion. I rooted to Cyanogen and I never missed 4G. When do you practically need those speeds?

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by Cares View Post
    4G is overrated in my opinion. I rooted to Cyanogen and I never missed 4G. When do you practically need those speeds?
    I'm just rooted to Cyanogen and I'm sure I'll miss 4G here and there. I have 4G where I live, so I'm usually on wireless (and 3G is fast enough for Pandora or whatever in the car).

I'll mostly miss 4G when I travel and am in a 4G area and want to tether my laptop to stream Netflix or something (and avoid the overpriced airport or hotel wireless fees that end up being painfully slow anyways).

Thankfully, it only takes a few minutes to flash back to my stock ROM to use 4G in those situations. I travel for work quite often (a couple times a month) and frequently find myself in a 4G area.

Also, it was nice to stream Netflix or Hulu to the phone (with PlayOn) and it works much better over 4G. Used that occasionally in the car to keep the kid happy.

EDIT: Just realized 4G is in CM7. Sweet. Can't seem to get it to turn on though
    Last edited by EvilMonkey; 04-01-2011 at 10:42 AM.

CM7 has had 4G for a while now, works great.

EvilMonkey, check the notification pull down. There should be an icon for 4g, press it to toggle 4G.

Congrats on your new purchase! I've only had my Evo for about a month. I was able to root and flash on my own thanks to all the help in this forum. Whatever issue you have, someone here will be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazulka View Post
    CM7 has had 4G for a while now, works great.

EvilMonkey, check the notification pull down. There should be an icon for 4g, press it to toggle 4G.
    I vaguely remember seeing that now....for some reason I don't have toggles in my notification bar pull-down now.

Grrrr....I must've turned it off somehow. I still like the SwitchPro widget, so I'll probably just keep that, but would like to know how to turn it back on.