File Corruption on SD Card?

walterwood44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been having problems with multiple apps not able to use files the should be using. To give a couple of examples:

- Mail from one account was deleted and ended up another account where I could not delete or open it. I fixed this be deleting that account and setting it up again.

- Music player sees playlists and other files that have been deleted.

- Dogg Catcher has several podcast that will not play and it will not download them again. I checked these files and they had a 0 file length.

Also, when looking at the Dogg Catcher file folder I found that different podcast's files were mixed with other podcast's files. I also found some podcasts that had been played and should have been deleted months ago. I am not sure how this app stores files to I am not sure this is a problem.

I am guessing that this is a result of the SD somehow becoming corrupted. I connected my Evo to my PC via the USB cord and ran a disk check and was told everything was OK.

How can this be fixed? Can I simply reformat the SC card? If I do reformat, will I have to setup some of my apps again (specifically Dogg Catcher)? Since things are now messed up, I don?t want to just copy the old files back to the drive. I would like to start with a clean drive if possible but how do the various file folders get setup?

I have backed up my files and would like to get my Evo working normally again.

Thanks in advance.
Walter

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781