EVO Auto Sync Frequency

roztom

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
It seems my Sprint EVO 4g Auto Syncs every 2-3 hours.

Is this normal frquency. It does this whether I enter something in the contacts or calender and also whether I do an entry in Google or the phone.

Anybody else have this issue? I don't want it to update too often but is every 3hours or so reasonable?

What kind of update frequency do you have on Sprint?

Tx,

Tom

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
It seems my Sprint EVO 4g Auto Syncs every 2-3 hours.

Is this normal frquency. It does this whether I enter something in the contacts or calender and also whether I do an entry in Google or the phone.

Anybody else have this issue? I don't want it to update too often but is every 3hours or so reasonable?

What kind of update frequency do you have on Sprint?

Tx,

Tom

The typical update sync frequency is every 24 hrs, or on a system reboot. You will envoke a sync when making changes to your contacts or calendar. This keeps the cloud updated.....

roztom

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Those are the conditions where I'm not seeing the update.. If I enter something in the cloud or the phone it does not generate an Sync/Update and I expected it would as soon as something was saved.

Are there any app's that take control of Sync so you can set sync frequency that you know of?

tx, Tom

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Those are the conditions where I'm not seeing the update.. If I enter something in the cloud or the phone it does not generate an Sync/Update and I expected it would as soon as something was saved.

Are there any app's that take control of Sync so you can set sync frequency that you know of?

tx, Tom

Are you positive that it is not syncing, or an assumption? Are you in a poor coveage area?

You can go into device Settings/Accounts and sync, then tap Google. You will see the date and time of the last sync of your Contacts, Calendar and Gmail.

Make some random Calendar entry for tomorrow, wait a few minutes, then follow the path I mentioned above, and check the sync time of the Calendar entry you made. If the sync time is within a couple of minutes of when you made that random Calendar entry for tomorrow, it's working properly.

I don't know of any apps to set specific sync times, but I have not looked for any. You can force a sync from Accounts and sync....