application for screen brightness

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
anyone aware of a program i can use that will give me a full screen brightness when plugged in.

i don't want to change the brightness settings everytime i plug into the motorcycle.

i'll be using my phone for mp3 and gps. and it get's kinda bright out there.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
anyone aware of a program i can use that will give me a full screen brightness when plugged in.

i don't want to change the brightness settings everytime i plug into the motorcycle.

Don't understand what you mean by full brightness when plugged in?

Is your Evo set to have auto adjusting brightness?

If so take it and and manually set you screen brightness to full.

Settings>Display>Brightness> (Un-check auto adjust)>Slide bar to full

I have tried this and have unplugged and then plugged the charger back in.

The screen on my Evo stays full bright.

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't understand what you mean by full brightness when plugged in?

Is your Evo set to have auto adjusting brightness?

If so take it and and manually set you screen brightness to full.

Settings>Display>Brightness> (Un-check auto adjust)>Slide bar to full

I have tried this and have unplugged and then plugged the charger back in.

The screen on my Evo stays full bright.
May want to also go into setting and change the screen time out.

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I think snowwy wants to run his Evo at reduced brightness, the have it go to full screen brightness when plugged into the charger while on his motorcycle, then back to normal brightness when he unplugs it from the charger.

I am not aware of an app that will do this on a preset other than maybe a profile app like Tasker. Otherwise, there are widgets that will change brightness setting on a tap....

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
here's the way to look at it. when it's plugged in. and in use. brightness isn't really a concern for battery life. when it's unplugged however. then brightness is a concern.

so if i could find something that would actually give me full brightness when plugged in. then i wouldn't have to change the settings every time i ride and don't ride.

i just got the bike hooked up for power supply. so now i'm starting to use my phone more often on teh bike. (gps, mp3). so that's really the only time i need to brighten the screen.

all other times it's no big deal. i'm not in bright daylight.

so yeah. something for full brightness when plugged in would be nice.

as for the car panel. i don't see that being an option for my mp3. and i have navigon and copilot that i will be using out in teh boonies. car panes uses google navigation so that would require internet signal.

activedodger

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
You need to invest in Tasker! It will do exactly what you are asking. I use it to change brightness of different apps like my kindle and my browser. I could also make it bright when on my charger and change brightness when taken off the charger. It rocks and does lots more!!

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

I use Brightness Toggle Widget. Here's a link to it in the Market.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.roundedlabs.widgets.Brightness&feature=search_result It works great. I leave it in the bottom right hand corner of my home screen, touching it changes brightness in 20% increments. It will cycle through 100% to 0%. I've used for months without any issues. It won't do what you want automatically, but it is really to use and may work for you. From one rider to another! :)

Last edited: