ESPN alerts

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
received from espn: Alerts Unavailable
Dear Sprint / Boost / Nextel / Virgin Mobile subscribers,
ESPN Alerts are no longer available from your carrier. We apologize for the inconvenience, however, our service is available across most other US Carriers.

i used this for all my sports alerts....makes me mad!

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I got the same message. This pisses me off. I thought Sprint and ESPN had a relationship with the Sprint ID stuff.

Has to be related to somebody making more money.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/espn-text-alerts-shut-out-sprint-network

Update: And just like that, we get a tip about what's really going on. Here 'tis:

It's not a "money thing" in the traditional sense. They didn't give us a real clear picture of what's going on, but ESPN offers these messages free of charge to ESPN.com members, and Sprint is going to start charging their customers for each individual text message, regardless of having an unlimited messaging package. ESPN really isn't going to put up with it being "free," yet not free.

CaptGeno

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I got a similar message for g4tv text alerts, it said they will stop sending them for all sprint, boost and virgin customers...that was about a month ago....still getting my alerts though

Sent from my Evo :)

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
What i did is use Google Voice (not fully integrated). Just linked my Voice # to ESPN and I get the texts through that app on my EVO. Baam ..Eat it Sprint!

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Couldn't get this to work. Tried to put my GV number and the text never came through. And I have it set up to receive texts. Maybe I should just set up a new ESPN account.

What i did is use Google Voice (not fully integrated). Just linked my Voice # to ESPN and I get the texts through that app on my EVO. Baam ..Eat it Sprint!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34