Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notification from Amazon about streaming MP3

I just got a notification on my EVO about problems streaming with the 3.70 software. I think it was from the Amazon MP3 app. It said to contact Sprint and let them know you are having problems. Anyone else get this? Maybe this will get Sprint/htc to finally fix the streaming problem with the last update.

I got the notification, but haven't called yet. I'm curious if anyone who has the Amazon recommended update has any other issues with his/her phone that popped up from this update?

I called, they said they are working on a ota update

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I called and they walk me through some setting changes using my phones msl. Their is a thread about this fix somewhere. It seems to work so far.

Sent from my EVO.

Dang sprint, i talked to tech dept. And they said htc is working on the fix...i never got talked through a process to upgrade over the phone!

Knowing Sprint Tech they probably just had him check for a new PRL or something.

Quote Originally Posted by leanaf82 View Post
    I called and they walk me through some setting changes using my phones msl. Their is a thread about this fix somewhere. It seems to work so far.

Sent from my EVO.
    This fix is what i did 3 months ago and have not had a issue since. Call sprint, get your msl number,, go to thread, follow instructions, in one minute streaming issues will be fixed.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Virus Synergy W / 3.0

Anyone have a link to this supposed thread?

Do i need to be rooted? i have a stock evo i got in feb. 2011

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

(Fix) Downloads for Music apps and faster 3G - xda-developers

I think this is the tread people are looking for.

I got the message too, and I called this morning. The woman I was speaking with put me on hold for a minute while she spoke with the tech. department. She then came back on and said that there were a few steps that she needed to do on her end, and that I needed to do nothing. She did whatever steps she was talking about, and all is well.

Is everyone getting this message, or are they able to find certain people with this problem?

I recieved one but it wasn't from Amazon it was from HTC and it told me to contact Sprint.

I might go talk to my local sprint repair guy and see what he says. He know's me a little too well. (from my Palm Pre day's)

Has anyone seen a difference in battery consumption since this message appeared?

I got the message and the rep had no clue what I was talking about and said 4g was out in my area and that was the issue... only there is NO 4g in my area to begin with. When I asked for my MSL number he sounded confused and then the connection dropped... or he hung up/.

How do I test this fix? What kind of results am I looking for?

I tried the exact thing mentioned in the thread on my Evo and as soon as I modified the proxy server to 0.0.0.0 the EPST app force closed. Now every time I try to open EPST it force closes. When I reboot and try again, I can see all other parts of EPST, but as soon as it tries to load the proxy values it crashes again. I tried the Amazon streaming and still no dice.

I'm on the stock rom with root.

I did the aboved mentioned fix. Using Sppeedtest here is what I received using 3G no wifi:
    Download 1112 kbps
    Upload 623 kbps

Is the poor, average or good?

Quote Originally Posted by stlrfan78 View Post
    Do i need to be rooted? i have a stock evo i got in feb. 2011
    No need for your phone to be rooted. Did the same fix to my stock EVO and worked like a charm. Took all of 15 minutes (had to call SPRINT twice becuase one associate gave me the wrong MSL).

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

I just updated amazon mp3 and it said in the description that it had a work around for sprint EVO devices.

Carrier
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

I got this message too and did the fix. Download speeds are a little higher.