Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Thumbs up Extended battery with case ONLY???

I bought one of those 3500 mah batteries off ebay for only ten bucks and first let me say just how awesome. I'm not saying its a true 3500 battery but it kills the stock evo battery. The only thing i didnt like was the back door even though the cheap battery door is much nicer that the seidio one. I felt it made the phone too thick and i had the idea to not use any door at all and simply fit my case over the phone and hope it would hold the battery in place while protecting it and Im glad to say i got pretty good results using a cheap soft plastic case off ebay. Has anyone else tried this approach and got similar results?

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

I like your idea. I lost my cover for the extended battery and just tried your suggestion. Works fine and it is thinner!

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

it will eventually crap out on you, ur phone will get hot, get fried and then explode

Carrier
    Lost track(rom junkie)

Yes of course cause we all know how battery doors have special inter-cooling
    mechanism/technology's.... didn't u know that's what did it in Chernobyl
    lack of inter-cooling battery doors.

damn trolls.

in a related subject yes that does work just fine. I used it on my old g2 and
    it didn't overheat.. ha ha damn trolls he probably got a damn cry- phone