1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Default evo will not charge help!

my evo wont hold a charge ..a few weeks back it was working fine then one day it didnt chrage with the chrager i had so i found another one i had in my house was charging just fine few days ago it stop i have to kinda postion and bend the metal pary on the chager so it stay charging ..yesturday i had my phone off and charging around 5 hours the grren light did not come on but it shows that its charging i turn it on it says 51 percent so i leave it on as it charges then it slowly dies why its charging? i cant take it to best buy i hate there policy with the cheap loaner phones and they dont give you a new one unless you have them send it out over 4 times and i cant go back to sprint unless i get a new phone cant upgrade til july is there a way i can fix this

ROM
    Team Venom v1.2

Try to clean the port with a dry soft toothbrush or canned air. Hope that helps.
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Might be the wrong charger (Voltage, mA) and it fried your battery. Original problem may have been a bad charger, or your battery telling you it was d-e-a-d.

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

i have to kinda postion and bend the metal pary on the chager

Sounds like the USB port is faulty. You might have to call Sprint to send out a new phone.

try a BRAND NEW charger.

i get the same problems you posted. everything says it's charging but it's not. new charger and problem solved.
    Banned

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

If it is the charger , try the battery. If not then it is the charging port. And that can be repaired. And if needed replaced.

Yeah...i just had to get my phone replaced due to a broken port. Thankfully they didn't charge me anything.
    Last edited by EvilMonkey; 04-10-2011 at 09:24 PM.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

cant send to sprint they wont help because i have best buy protection which was a bad move