1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default EVO Random Re-Boot when playing games?

Anyone else having this problem. If I play a game for more then 10min then my EVO will just reboot itself right in the middle of playing. Only seems to happen when playing games.
    Banned

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Gingerbread

If you overclock, it could be that you are overclocking at a speed that your phone cant handle

Or too low (unlikey as people tend to go too fast rather than too slow)

Swyped from my Gingerbread'ed Optimus S

The same thing started happening to mine a few weeks ago. I brought it into a sprint store and they ordered me a new one. Make sure you are unrooted with s-on and take out your memory card before you bring it in. The first thing the tech checked on my phone was if I was rooted.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Phone is completley stock. Not rooted or overclocked.

Did you have insurance on your phone or did they just feel nice and order you a new one?

Quote Originally Posted by cthulhu33 View Post
    The same thing started happening to mine a few weeks ago. I brought it into a sprint store and they ordered me a new one. Make sure you are unrooted with s-on and take out your memory card before you bring it in. The first thing the tech checked on my phone was if I was rooted.
    Sprint no longer cares if a device is rooted. They will still do service and repair on them now.

They may not care if its rooted, but it gives them as a company an out when it comes to servicing a device.
    Also it gives the techs something to blame it on and not actually diagnose and fix it much past that.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

That exact issue was happening to my last EVO. I can't tell you what was wrong with it, because it was never actually diagnosed. Every time I would take the phone into a Sprint store to have it looked at, it would NOT act up. So after getting word that the unit would NOT be replaced because there was "nothing wrong with it", I handled the situation as follows: I dealt numerous blows to the unit with a large ball-peen hammer, filed an insurance claim. Received replacement EVO....no more problems.
    Banned

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

Feel free to bring your rooted device to me for repair. PM or email. ( Orlando FL area...WPV)