Is sprint capping data?

Kwdan

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just read this on the sprints evo 3d site
"Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to limit throughput speeds, and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes." Does that mean roaming or all data?

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If they capped it, I'd be screwed... On average, 9 to 15gb of data per month... No tether

Swyped from my g-breaded optimus prime.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I thought about coming to Sprint. but after I read the fine print for unlimited data I said nope. unlimted 4g but if you start using to much the slow u down. and the 3g u get only 5gb. so how is this plan unlimited? I just bought the Samsung 4g mifi with 10GB data plan for 62$ a month with my corporate discount on VZW much better deal.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
"... if off-network usage in a month exceed..." Does that mean roaming or all data?

I guess I don't understand your question "Does that mean roaming or all data?" They both are included in roaming -- voice and data.

Off-network means roaming both voice and data. This has been in place for a very long time.

Given Dan Hesse's latest commercial on "unlimited means unlimited" they could not throw in on-network resource limits.

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I guess I don't understand your question "Does that mean roaming or all data?" They both are included in roaming -- voice and data.

Off-network means roaming both voice and data. This has been in place for a very long time.

Given Dan Hesse's latest commercial on "unlimited means unlimited" they could not throw in on-network resource limits.

You are correct Sprint has to pay another carrier if you roam , and if excessive and month to month Sprint will lose money. They have agreements with a few CDMA carriers Verizon being the largest.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
My co-worker just got cut off (without notice) by Sprint because she lives in the boonies. No Sprint signal at all. They just cut it out of the blue. She's had Sprint for years.

EMT J

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I thought about coming to Sprint. but after I read the fine print for unlimited data I said nope. unlimted 4g but if you start using to much the slow u down. and the 3g u get only 5gb. so how is this plan unlimited? I just bought the Samsung 4g mifi with 10GB data plan for 62$ a month with my corporate discount on VZW much better deal.

Relax, off network means roaming. As long as you're on Sprint's network there'll be no problems. Sprint pays other carriers when you roam, so if you're excessively roaming you end up costing Sprint money. You become a liability instead of an asset, and businesses exist to make money, not lose it.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Sprint has never been known for capping or throttling in their network, or even throttling while roaming. They have a bit of a reputation for cutting off customers out of the blue if they roam too much though, as well as if they are just a pain to deal with, although you'll see that might have been warrented.
Sprint Cuts 1,000+ Customers For Excessive Complaining - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

Whoa nelle. I was like wow! But then I saw this article is 4 years old hehe

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
sprint goes out of there way for customer service. at the time of that article there were people abusing the customer service. so sprint cut them off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek