Help wit Blue tooth adn Hyundai

wizof103

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I had a Palm Pre with my 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe, the Bluetooth feature worked find as far as dialing using either a name or a number, since I bought my EVO 4G I can only dial by number, the Hyundai does not recognize the names. Any Ideas.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
What version of Android are you running? If its 2.1 voice dialing by name will not work unless supported by the car rather than the phone.

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
We own a 2011 Hyundai Tuscon and I had the same problems. My wife's Blackberry synced up fine (after I made some configuration changes on the BB). I tried everything to get the Tuscon to take my phone book, but to no avail. I can use the phone with the car's BT for phone calls. I just have to "decline" the request to transfer data from the car on the phone (an EVO 4G with 2.2). I have to do this every time the phone and car connect. It's a pain.

You probably have done this already, but search Google for "Android Hyundai Bluetooth", etc. I did this when we bought the car, and noticed the issue with no solution, back then.

One last thing... Grab Bluetooth File Transfer from the Market. I did get it to transfer some of my phone book but I ran out of time to really test and tinker with it. This may be a solution.