How to reinstall Android Market

LAhanger

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty un-savvy when it comes to this stuff, and either I deleted Market on my own, or my phone has a bug and it's just gone. I do have to say, though, that my EVO has been acting weird in the last day or so. Be that as it may, how do you install Market on your phone? I assume it came with it on there already? What do I do? TIA

treotraveler

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty un-savvy when it comes to this stuff, and either I deleted Market on my own, or my phone has a bug and it's just gone. I do have to say, though, that my EVO has been acting weird in the last day or so. Be that as it may, how do you install Market on your phone? I assume it came with it on there already? What do I do? TIA

I'm guessing you removed the shortcut from your Home screen? If so, open the app drawer and launch from there, and reinstall the shortcut to your Home screen from there also....

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Are you rooted? Is there an app that you recently installed around the time the problem started? Are you running a task-killer?

If you aren't rooted, then it is unlikely that you deleted the Market app.

Have you tried power cycling your phone? Pulling the battery? Factory data reset?

I would consider trying those three things (in the order I wrote them) until the phone started acting better.

LAhanger

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the replies. I am not rooted, I do use Advanced task killer (but I've never killed Android Market), and I downloaded the Firefox browser and deleted it the same day this happened. That app, although I can't prove it, seemed to coincide with some weird happenings on my phone. Adios.

I've tried power cycling my phone, pulling the battery out, all the less drastic measures I can think of. The Market is simply gone. I went to App Brain and tried to download an app, and it tells me I don't have Market on my phone. I might be looking at a factory reset, if that even works. Maybe a shiny new EVO if it doesn't, sans the few dings I've put in this one. Thank you Sprint TEP.:D

elfwiz1970

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok say I was rooted how come my market(play) disappeared in the first place I never deleted it just one day it was gone how do i get it back?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non