- 04-23-2011, 11:32 PM #2
- 04-24-2011, 12:40 AM #3
- 04-24-2011, 12:57 AM #4
- 04-24-2011, 08:37 AM #5
- 827 Posts
- Arctic Hd
Sounds just like a miss used wire. I haven't had a problem or have heard of anyone having a problem. If it was a major problem it would be all over years ago.
Remember ppl all electronical devices wear out over time esp if mishandle. Wires wear out, this is what happened. It's not a mistake on HTC.
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
What I read is that the HTC microUSB cord was plugged into the USB port on a computer for a long period of time, and never unplugged. It heated up the cord and because of the poor quality (shield, wires inside, etc) caused the meltdown inside the cord. They say the cord was made cheaply and HTC cut corners. I think most of us really never leave the cord plugged into the computer all the time, like these people did. For me, I leave my HTC microUSB cord plugged in to the wall socket all the time, and never have had a problem. It doesn't get warm at all.
So, if someone wants to test, leaving the cord connected to the computer for at least 24 hours, maybe we will know if this is just an isolated event or user error or they were unlucky to get a bad batch of cords.
Last edited by dfine1966; 04-24-2011 at 09:47 AM.
- 04-24-2011, 12:34 PM #7
- 04-24-2011, 01:46 PM #8
- 02-01-2013, 11:19 PM #9
- 1 Posts
Re: Important: HTC EVO 4G microUSB cable could damage your computer, cause fire!
my evo 4g caught fire today. I was driving down the road with the phone plugged in the charger. The phone was in my lap. All of a sudden someone from the back seat yelled, "HEY, Your seats on fire." I looked down and saw the thin line of blue smoke coming from the bottom of my evo where the charger went into. I grabbed the phone and as soon as i did it popped the cigarette lighter fuse. The usb port is now melted into the back cover and pulled out about 1/4"