Thinking of switching

taguluchi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about switching carriers to get better signal at work ...Verizon and at&t get great signal at my work. But I really don't want to switch so I'm wondering what I could do to improve signal ...I'm not rooted but seriously considering it if I can improve reception

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
it's all in the phone. not the carrier.

my boy and i both had verizon. i had great signal and his had nothing.
((this was a trial deal))).

then i got my boy a sprint phone. mine had half signal while his had full bars.
for some reason however. he was complaining lack of signal. while i wasn't having any problems.

he's back with verizon on his moms service. i don't think i'll ever leave sprint.

mr.seth.price

May 18, 2010
Visit site
also you might check the PRL agreements with the carriers in your area. Every area is different but here in Central VA (where I am). Sprint and VZ are preferred Roaming partners for data and voice. Depending on where you are a switch may do everything or nothing. PRL licenses will decide. For me my VZ coverage was banging and I wanted a smaller bill. Got the EVO, Smaller Bill, and same great coverage (even filled in a few holes).

dan330

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
how old is your evo?

easy to update your profile and prl.

if your evo is older...than last november. you might need a radio update. this might help.
but be very careful with that. you will need root to do it.. and it is the only way i know of that can really permanently brick you phone.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
how old is your evo?

easy to update your profile and prl.

if your evo is older...than last november. you might need a radio update. this might help.
but be very careful with that. you will need root to do it.. and it is the only way i know of that can really permanently brick you phone.

If the OP is running software version 3.70.651.1, then they already have the radio update.

Radio updates included with OTA updates. No root is needed.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about switching carriers to get better signal at work ...Verizon and at&t get great signal at my work. But I really don't want to switch so I'm wondering what I could do to improve signal ...I'm not rooted but seriously considering it if I can improve reception

i have a 3 watt signal booster.

mordbane

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I work in a large office building. Great Sprint reception outside and near windows, horrible reception at my desk. It drives me nuts, because I can just hold my phone over my head and get one or two bars. But sitting down... nothing...

Rooting my phone was worth the risk to access Roam Only functionality. I think some ROMs offer a "Roam Only" option, or you can just buy Roam Control on the Market. I'm not switching to Verizon or AT&T for just 10 hours out of the day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie