Streaming on your HTC EVO Device

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Did a search and did not come up with anything... I started getting this error message on my EVO last night:

Streaming quality on your HTC EVO may be impacted by a known issue with the Sprint carrier network. To resolve this issue please contact Sprint at 888-211-4727. Let them know that you are having trouble streaming multimedia on the HTC EVO with software version 3.70.651.1

Has anyone else come across this and has anyone else called Sprint?

mtk

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
same thing happened to me after receiving my new htc evo last week. i phoned and they wanted me to reboot the phone, so i deferred. haven't had the time to cal them again. haven't even had the time to try to stream anything again. the spring person on the phone didn't seem to be familiar with the error message though (which gave me a bad feeling).

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm

I had some trouble streaming Slacker on my Evo a few weeks ago, and the Slacker guy said there was a workaround known to Sprint -- some kind of update or patch or something -- that they could apply if I called advanced technical support at Sprint.

I did, the guy at Sprint knew exactly what I was talking about, applied the update on their end, asked me to update my profile on the phone end, and in 15 minutes the problem was solved. I haven't had problems since streaming Slacker or any other music.

I just pulled up the Slacker app in the market and here's the instructions they gave me and that I followed: "EVO USERS: If you experience errors, please contact Sprint Technical Support at 1-888-211-4727 and ask the rep to apply the workaround listed as: 'HTC EVO 4G (A9292) - Updated 2-1-2011: Streaming multimedia applications receiving errors on software version 3.70.651.1' in Sprint's device portal."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz