Moving to Nexus S?
I purchased my EVO from Best Buy on 4/8. The Nexus S is being released for Spint on 5/8 - exactly 30 days after my EVO purchase. I can exchange my EVO for the Nexus only on May 8. I briefly had a Nexus on T-mobile and really liked it but returned it. I've been using the EVO for 3 weeks and now think I'll switch back to the EVO.
Anyone else considering it?
- 04-29-2011, 03:08 PM #2
I'm not, I may consider switching to the EVO 3D, but for right now, I'm happy with my EVO.
There seem to be a fair number of members here at AC with a poor opinion of Samsung Android phones, so they are staying away from the Nexus S. I don't have experience with Samsung phones, but I know that I'm going to keep with my rooted EVO for now.
- 04-29-2011, 03:24 PM #3
I think the NS4G on Sprint has some strange timing, I was already planning on waiting for the GS2, and still am, though I was a little tempted to get the NS4G. If I find a refurb on ebay or something I may jump on it but 80-85% sure I'll stick with the Evo until the GS2 is released.Fred
- 04-29-2011, 03:42 PM #4
I had the Moment before my EVO, and my wife currently has the EPIC, so I have a little experience with Samsung devices. I have never been pleased with the physical build quality of Samsung devices. They always seem to feel cheap.
I also think that HTC does a better job of pushing updates and fixes to their devices than Samsung.
This is just my personal opinion, but until I can put my hands on a Nexus and see for myself, I am leaning towards staying with my EVO.
- 04-29-2011, 03:49 PM #5
- 968 Posts
At this point when I upgrade I'll move to the EVO 3D, although to be honest I'm not in a huge hurry. I love my rooted EVO 4G and it will be difficult to part with it, although it won't go far... my husband will end up with it!Please thank me if I have helped!
Member E3DOC since 6/23/2011 Lovin' my new NS4G as well!
- 04-29-2011, 04:41 PM #6
If i was in your spot id definately get the NS4G, updates are pushed from google, not samsung if thats what your worried about. The screen is crisper/better, processor more powerful, NFC capabilities, better battery life, and although it "feels cheaper" its alot thinner and lighter than the evo.
Is it better to get the NS4G over the Evo 3D, no. But is it better to swap out your OG Evo for it, if its free? Hell yes IMO.Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
- 04-29-2011, 04:56 PM #7
- 04-29-2011, 05:49 PM #8
- 04-29-2011, 05:53 PM #9
Im sure if you go to sprint and tell them your situation, they will extend it to one day to the 8th, OR give you a NS4G early if youre lucky. Being nice to the rep's can definately helpSome say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
- 04-29-2011, 09:05 PM #11
- 441 Posts
I'm not going to say you can't make this happen, but if getting the NS is what you decide on, you should probably get something in writing from Best Buy or Sprint. It's a 30-day policy, not a 31 day policy. On day 31, Best Buy would be taking a hit on the hardware unless they (or you) get clearance from Sprint.
Really just trying to help here. Had a customer a couple weeks that calculated things wrong (we told her multiple times the last day possible) and got stuck with a phone she really didn't want. I don't think her attempt at *2 worked either.
Perhaps this is possible if the above doesn't. Find an old Sprint phone from friends or family. Return your EVO but keep your contract open. Reset upgrade eligibility and purchase the NS when released.
- 04-30-2011, 08:16 AM #13
- 04-30-2011, 08:42 AM #14