Evo 4g or nexus s 4g

markespo55

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok. So I've been playing around with my evo 4g that I just purchased with sprint and I was wondering if I should turn this in and get the nexus 4g or stay with my evo. Any suggestions?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If your happy with your evo then no worries i suppose, but if i was in your spot id grab the nexus s. Pure google, super amoled, better processor, thinner and better battery life.

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I was deciding the same thing few days ago, but after seeing the nexus s. I went with EVO. Nexus S looks cool, but felt too plastic.

rdean

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat and understand about the Nexus being "plasticy". But, don't we usually cover our phones with a protective wrap, so how significant is the actual phone itself?

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Here is another problem with Nexus S. Goggle/Sprint waited to long to release this phone. :(

I'm not saying it won't sell, but once EVO 3D and few others come out. Nexus S will be in the past. Only thing that keeps this phone from failing is, Google software updates.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The direct Google updates are not enough to make me jump ship. I get all the content I need from the EVO Dev community!! With dual core CPUs and Tegra2 Chipsets coming to handsets in the very near future, now is not a good time to jump. The EVO 3D might be worth spending an upgrade on but I'm probably going to hold out until the end of Summer beginning of Fall before I make a decision. My EVO is still running strong and hasn't left me wanting more, as so many other devices have in the past. I don't feel the desperate need to jump on the next best thing, so I'm gonna sit back and watch the show...

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of great devices hitting the market and I will be first to go when the time is right. But until my device can't hang with the big boys anymore then I just don't feel the need to run out and drop another $200-$300 just to get a minor bump. My EVO is still scream'n right along with all the others.

Reactions: BigFace

lgreenberg

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
The above is spot on.

I've grown a little tired of my EVO and I'm longing for a change.

The Nexus S has me tempted but, in my opinion, it's a huge mistake to waste the money or the upgrade to go to it now. There are just too many potentially better devices on the horizon. Can you say dual core?

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If you re-read the OP'S post, s/he just bought an Evo and is deciding if s/he should keep an Evo in the return window or get a Nexus S. If I were choosing between the two for a new contract, like the OP, Nexus S no question. If I already had an Evo, of course i wouldn't waste my upgrade on a Nexus S.

Big, big scenario difference.

MNTwinsFan

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
OP: Do wants in your heart. We can express are feelings, but only you makes the final decision. :)

Or

Add a second line and get Nexus S to compare.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
If you're within the 30 days of buying the evo you have, then I'm not sure why everyone is posting comparisons wwith the evo 3d. He isn't using his upgrade guys.

Take a step back from the "my stuff is best stuff" mentality and compare the two devices. That's what I had to do, and as much as it hurts to admit I gotta say that the nexus s wins IMO.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
An honest question (no flamming needed), besides high-end gaming, what do you guys envision the dual-core's power used for on a phone.

I plan on waiting on dual-core devices until the OS is fully optimized for it ~ within the year I guess. I just want to have an idea about the possibilities this may bring.

mikevo

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Evo since July 23rd and would love a Nexus. If I were in your shoes....Go Google. Nexus sir! Its a bit faster and I keep hearing if feels good in your hand. The shape not the plastic, plus if you spend $200 on a phone you better spend $20-35 more and get a hearty case for it. Nothing more embarrassing than having to take your busted phone back for a new one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie