Google Voice and EVO 4G Integration

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
So I got the email today and tried to integrate my number into GV. It said that my account wasn't eligible. I called in to see what the deal was and the tech told me that GV integration was only for "Nexus" devices. I've seen that people have integrated there GV with their EVOs in the beta, so I'm guessing this is bull. Any ideas? I'm probably going to head up to the store to see what they have to say

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Figured it out. I have a school discount which makes my account a public sector account, which aren't eligible for integration. Grr

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Figured it out. I have a school discount which makes my account a public sector account, which aren't eligible for integration. Grr

That's a bummer. I was wondering why it wouldn't work for you.

Glad you got it figured out, but sorry that you are currently ineligible.

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Mine is fully integrated and its awesome. Texting with my sprint number through my cr48 is too sweet :D

The main thing that was holding me back from the integrating my GV# with my Sprint # is that I knew that GV text messaging didn't support MMS. Has that changed?

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Ditto. I want a fully functioning text messaging app, not just SMS only; that is why I am NOT integrating the two.

The main thing that was holding me back from the integrating my GV# with my Sprint # is that I knew that GV text messaging didn't support MMS. Has that changed?

Last edited:

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Pretty lame that the google voice integration doesn't work with public sector discounts. I have a 24% discount with my credit union and they consider it a government sector account. GV isn't worth giving up 24% discount but i still want it :(

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I just switched my account over. Still doesn't work yet, but I'm sure that's just lag on their side. Probably gotta wait a day for my account to reset to private. I only had a 10% discount so it was worth it to me. And it was actually very painless to do. Took literally 8 minutes

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The MMS still goes through, it just lands in the stock text messaging app instead of Google Voice.
Id rather have it that way :p

stopsign002

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Update: Just integrated my account. Freaking awesome. Now my phone is for mobility and my Xoom is for home use. Just perfect

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Just did the GV thing and its awesome! Of course I show the wife and I just get the head shake and the typical "nerd" response. Deep down she is jealous. lol :p

All seriousness, this is really nice. Just one thing I would like to be able to do is theme the look of it. I guess I take it.

Joescan09

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I hate the google voice app for texts so i deleted it. But so far so good I'm just working out all the options to get it how I want it to work for my situation

DonnaJ415

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Ya know both me and my fiance have Evo's , myself the og evo and he has the shift and I tend to wonder if maybe Google voice will help with that ever dreaded sms issue that u get sometimes when u are sending / receiving messages at the same time. Ya it sucks that the mms messages get sent to another folder, but I'm sure that's something that's in the works in further updates ...

Any thoughts ?

~~life is just evoliscious!~~

jamesrshaffer3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
does anyone have any problems with transcription of the voicemail message? it really has not even been close to being accurate, just wondering if anyone else noticed this?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
does anyone have any problems with transcription of the voicemail message? it really has not even been close to being accurate, just wondering if anyone else noticed this?

Oh yeah, the GV transcriptions are basically hilarious in their accuracy. I have Vonage for my home phone and their transcriptions are much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol