Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Voice and EVO 4G Integration

So I got the email today and tried to integrate my number into GV. It said that my account wasn't eligible. I called in to see what the deal was and the tech told me that GV integration was only for "Nexus" devices. I've seen that people have integrated there GV with their EVOs in the beta, so I'm guessing this is bull. Any ideas? I'm probably going to head up to the store to see what they have to say
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Figured it out. I have a school discount which makes my account a public sector account, which aren't eligible for integration. Grr

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stopsign002 View Post
    Figured it out. I have a school discount which makes my account a public sector account, which aren't eligible for integration. Grr

That's a bummer. I was wondering why it wouldn't work for you.

Glad you got it figured out, but sorry that you are currently ineligible.
    passionately curious

Global Posts
    2,825 Global Posts

Man, that's why I can't get it! Damn discount.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Mine is fully integrated and its awesome. Texting with my sprint number through my cr48 is too sweet
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    Mine is fully integrated and its awesome. Texting with my sprint number through my cr48 is too sweet
    The main thing that was holding me back from the integrating my GV# with my Sprint # is that I knew that GV text messaging didn't support MMS. Has that changed?

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

Ditto. I want a fully functioning text messaging app, not just SMS only; that is why I am NOT integrating the two.

Quote Originally Posted by illwood View Post
    The main thing that was holding me back from the integrating my GV# with my Sprint # is that I knew that GV text messaging didn't support MMS. Has that changed?
    Last edited by tube517; 05-04-2011 at 10:02 AM.

ROM
    Miui

Pretty lame that the google voice integration doesn't work with public sector discounts. I have a 24% discount with my credit union and they consider it a government sector account. GV isn't worth giving up 24% discount but i still want it
    EVO3D - Miui
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Well I just switched my account over. Still doesn't work yet, but I'm sure that's just lag on their side. Probably gotta wait a day for my account to reset to private. I only had a 10% discount so it was worth it to me. And it was actually very painless to do. Took literally 8 minutes

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

The MMS still goes through, it just lands in the stock text messaging app instead of Google Voice.
    Id rather have it that way
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Update: Just integrated my account. Freaking awesome. Now my phone is for mobility and my Xoom is for home use. Just perfect

ROM
    Stock for now

Just did the GV thing and its awesome! Of course I show the wife and I just get the head shake and the typical "nerd" response. Deep down she is jealous. lol

All seriousness, this is really nice. Just one thing I would like to be able to do is theme the look of it. I guess I take it.

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

I hate the google voice app for texts so i deleted it. But so far so good I'm just working out all the options to get it how I want it to work for my situation

Ya know both me and my fiance have Evo's , myself the og evo and he has the shift and I tend to wonder if maybe Google voice will help with that ever dreaded sms issue that u get sometimes when u are sending / receiving messages at the same time. Ya it sucks that the mms messages get sent to another folder, but I'm sure that's something that's in the works in further updates ...

Any thoughts ?

~~life is just evoliscious!~~

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Im pumped for when I get a tablet even if it's the touchpad i'll be able to still use that as a phone.

does anyone have any problems with transcription of the voicemail message? it really has not even been close to being accurate, just wondering if anyone else noticed this?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesrshaffer3 View Post
    does anyone have any problems with transcription of the voicemail message? it really has not even been close to being accurate, just wondering if anyone else noticed this?
    Oh yeah, the GV transcriptions are basically hilarious in their accuracy. I have Vonage for my home phone and their transcriptions are much better.

Global Posts
    694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted

Yeah I have done some test vm so I know what I was saying and the transcriptions are pretty funny sometimes.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

I for one love reading about "Georges magical scorpions trackpad walking trenchcoats" in GV transcriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by igotsanevo4g View Post
    What is cr48?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by rdean View Post
    What is cr48?
    A note book from Google that runs Chrome OS, obtained through participation in the link below.

http://www.google.com/chromeos/pilot-program-cr48.html

Interesting. Too bad they are no longer taking applications....

Very frustrating. I have a 22 percent discount using my employer so they consider my line to be a "corporate account", no Google Voice for me. That seems silly...

Quote Originally Posted by packpackpack View Post
    Very frustrating. I have a 22 percent discount using my employer so they consider my line to be a "corporate account", no Google Voice for me. That seems silly...
    Must depend on the account. I have a 23% discount because of my employer and I was able to do the integration without a problem.

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

for those that are reluctant to integrating the two, mms like others have said still goes through to the stock mms app. if you set up txts to forward to your cell phone then mms and sms will come through to the stock app.

I integrated mine and have been using ChompSMS, the drawback is though, as of now, in order to not get 2 notifications every time i get a txt message I had to turn off notifications for google voice. Not a big deal, as I just have google voice send me a txt to inform me when I get voicemail instead now.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast