Web pages wont load completely on 4g

CaptGeno

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I usually will spend a few hours looking for a post but I couldn't find one, my problem is I use 4g for websites and I have noticed that they load up to 75% and it just gets stuck, I'm rooted and running mikfroyo 4.4 with LP. No taskillers the sites I nitice it the most is g4tv.com and kroq.com thanks

Sent from my Evo :)

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Are you running AdFree? If so, I would open the AdFree app, update the hosts file and then reboot the phone.

CaptGeno

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Yea im running that, ill give that a shot, thanks....oh and I have dumped the basic cache files and cleaned out the history, and also tried the dolphin browser...both get stuck.

CaptGeno

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
...well tried the ad free update, nothing....cache cleaner...nothing, pages open fine on 3g and and of course wifi...but when I try 4g...they start to load, then stop

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
i had the same issue way back when 4G was first brought to Daytona Beach/Port Orange area. On stock it would work fine, but on Fresh 3.2 it would get stuck. Try flashing a different ROM and see if it works. If it still gets stuck then it could be your area.

CaptGeno

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
i had the same issue way back when 4G was first brought to Daytona Beach/Port Orange area. On stock it would work fine, but on Fresh 3.2 it would get stuck. Try flashing a different ROM and see if it works. If it still gets stuck then it could be your area.

my area has full bars :(

paradox116

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Do all the webpage not load successfully? And you tried all the Browsers? Since it work well on Wifi and 3g, is there sth wrong with the 4g? Have you set it well?

CaptGeno

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Just tried all browsers and opera seems to work the best, only problem is, i have mobile sites disabled but some sites still load mobile

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd say your CPU is choking on the data speeds you're downloading and the RAM is full. The CPU can handle 3MBPS download with no RAM, but anything download speed higher than that, the RAM stores it while the CPU is rendering. If the RAM gets full, it stops. I'll bet you can download an MP3 that is plenty large with no problems on 4G. That's the issue they are going to have with phones until they go dual-core with more RAM. Verizon's LTE doesn't render a complicated webpage (Large one) any faster than Sprint's WIMAX does...Food for thoughts. Instead of just clearing the cache, turn off the phone for over a minute, reboot it and go back to that webpage and load it...Should render fine unless it's larger than the RAM on your phone, like a normal, non-mobile version.

CaptGeno

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I'd say your CPU is choking on the data speeds you're downloading and the RAM is full. The CPU can handle 3MBPS download with no RAM, but anything download speed higher than that, the RAM stores it while the CPU is rendering. If the RAM gets full, it stops. I'll bet you can download an MP3 that is plenty large with no problems on 4G. That's the issue they are going to have with phones until they go dual-core with more RAM. Verizon's LTE doesn't render a complicated webpage (Large one) any faster than Sprint's WIMAX does...Food for thoughts. Instead of just clearing the cache, turn off the phone for over a minute, reboot it and go back to that webpage and load it...Should render fine unless it's larger than the RAM on your phone, like a normal, non-mobile version.

Wow..interesting! Guess that does make sense, thanks!! Guess ill just try the powering off of the phone and not worry bout it anymore :) thanks again!