Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Anyone used any off brand batteries in there Evo?

I was looking at extended life batteries on ebay. There are plenty of no name brand batteries for the Evo. They are dirt cheap. I am a little scepticle on how they will perform.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

When doing some research I came across a statement that stated any off brand batteries wont charge in the phone. Apparently there is software that only allows you to charge oem batteries. Can anyone confirm this?

Ive used the extended 1800 and 2000 batteries since they were released and I havent expereinced any issues with them.

I use a 2000 mAh made by Galileo model DTD-T7373. I got two of them plus a wall charger and cord from eBay. I think the seller was speedy China. I paid about eight bucks plus shipping for them. They work fine and still fit under the stock battery door. I get about an extra hour and a half over the stock battery with them. I have been using both of them for about two months, they still work and charge just fine.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

I have 2 sets from Ebay/Hong Kong: 2 - 1500 mAh and 2 - 2000 mAh (galileo). Both sets are fine. The 1500 are older and are probably more like 1300 mAh as they don't last as long as the stock batt. The 2000 mAh are newer and do last longer than the stock batt.

I've been lucky that I got these cheap and that they work fine. Just be careful and buy from the sellers with good reputations.

I also use the Galileo 2000mah batteries. Have for months. No problems and last a bit longer.

I have the Laza 3500 extended battery and case. Works fine, charges fine in the phone too. Picked up both from Amazon.

I have 2 made in China 3500 batteries and they give me no problem at all - whether I charge in or out of the machine.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arburnley View Post
    When doing some research I came across a statement that stated any off brand batteries wont charge in the phone. Apparently there is software that only allows you to charge oem batteries. Can anyone confirm this?
    whoever made that statement was wrong. Plenty of people use the Seidio (spelling?) batteries. I use a 3000mah battery a lot. No issue charging it or using it.

Global Posts
    1,209 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 on the Nook Color

I have the Laza 3500 extended battery and case. I also have an external charger, which I use about 60% of the time to charge that battery. Got them off amazon.
    Rockin' the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 4 & the Hisense Sero 7 Pro!

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock SGSIIE4GT

as long as its a semi decent battery, it wont matter what brand. Its like saying a car wont run if you dont use the same brand of oil the dealer put in. The cells might not last as long ( amount of charge times, not amount of time per charge) but when you can get them for 8 bucks or so a piece, buy a couple and youll be ok.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Thanks for all the input. Looks like I will be buying a battery off ebay.

I have two batteries off ebay- they are stamped HTC and look like my stock batt only black, came with a desktop cradle/charger. They work just as well as the stock battery.

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

I can't comment on that but I had a Seidio extended battery for my Palm Pre and I was very unsatisfied with it. The phone would always turn off at 20% I learned my lesson and will only buy official now.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

I ordered 2x 3500mah batteries, 2x back cover, and a dock charger for $23 plus free shipping. Even if they are crap, I can't be too dissapointed. I am not expecting too much for $23.

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

I paid $45 for the Pre battery but I don think you can go wrong with the deal you got.

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I had the Platinum Series 1750mah spare/replacement battery and it worked great for all of 20 minutes until the sprint store stole it. can't comment on it being able to charge or not because my charging port died right after buying it

I use mugan extended batteries,,, love them. This is third different device i have used a mugan and never had anything but great results.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    love my evo.