How to get my screen replaced?

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Dropped my EVO over the weekend and scratched the screen and bezel pretty good.. No functionality lost, but its ugly cosmetically. I called the sprint store and they said if its just cosmetic and doesn't affect the functionality, they can't replace the screen. I said, so do i have to break it? He said he wouldn't recommend that because then it would have to go thru insurance and then i'd have to pay the $100 deductible. Anyone have any ideas or similar stories that got their screens replaced?

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Guy did not know what he was taking about. As recently as I think march 1,sprint changed policy and there is no more 100 dollars deductible.

EVO-LUTION 3D

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Guy did not know what he was taking about. As recently as I think march 1,sprint changed policy and there is no more 100 dollars deductible.

EVO-LUTION 3D

?? I think you might have heard some bad info.

Cracked screens are not replaced under current Sprint guidelines in authorized service centers. $100 Asurion claim is how Sprint can help you fix it.

You can buy one a bit cheaper on ebay/etc. and do it yourself.

skife

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

EVO-LUTION 3D

you don't know what you're talking about.

$100 deductible is for an asurion claim.

while a cracked EVO screen is officially covered under ASC guidlines, I replace them all the time and my corporate rep hasn't said anything about it.

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
you don't know what you're talking about.

$100 deductible is for an asurion claim.

while a cracked EVO screen is officially covered under ASC guidlines, I replace them all the time and my corporate rep hasn't said anything about it.

I think you mean isnt officially covered, If the screen has multiple cracks or a crack longer than an inch, its not covered under Service and Repair, but i guess it all depends on the tech and if they have a part/harvest part.

skife

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I think you mean isnt officially covered, If the screen has multiple cracks or a crack longer than an inch, its not covered under Service and Repair, but i guess it all depends on the tech and if they have a part/harvest part.

i ment not officially covered. sorry.

any good service center stocks EVO LCD's

tjp42588

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey, you are from the mitten? Anywhere near Detroit? I heard from one of my buddies that I can get my EVO 3D screen replaced for free at the Flat Rock Sprint Store. I do not know if there is any merit to that...do you? Thanks.