Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Miui

Default How to get my screen replaced?

Dropped my EVO over the weekend and scratched the screen and bezel pretty good.. No functionality lost, but its ugly cosmetically. I called the sprint store and they said if its just cosmetic and doesn't affect the functionality, they can't replace the screen. I said, so do i have to break it? He said he wouldn't recommend that because then it would have to go thru insurance and then i'd have to pay the $100 deductible. Anyone have any ideas or similar stories that got their screens replaced?
    EVO3D - Miui

Guy did not know what he was taking about. As recently as I think march 1,sprint changed policy and there is no more 100 dollars deductible.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    love my evo.

Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    Guy did not know what he was taking about. As recently as I think march 1,sprint changed policy and there is no more 100 dollars deductible.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    Do you have a link? This is good news but I have never heard anything about that.

Sent from my PC36100

EVO-LUTION 3D
    ?? I think you might have heard some bad info.

Cracked screens are not replaced under current Sprint guidelines in authorized service centers. $100 Asurion claim is how Sprint can help you fix it.

You can buy one a bit cheaper on ebay/etc. and do it yourself.

ROM
    stock

EVO-LUTION 3D

you don't know what you're talking about.

$100 deductible is for an asurion claim.

while a cracked EVO screen is officially covered under ASC guidlines, I replace them all the time and my corporate rep hasn't said anything about it.

Global Posts
    594 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock SGSIIE4GT

Quote Originally Posted by skife View Post
    you don't know what you're talking about.

$100 deductible is for an asurion claim.

while a cracked EVO screen is officially covered under ASC guidlines, I replace them all the time and my corporate rep hasn't said anything about it.
    I think you mean isnt officially covered, If the screen has multiple cracks or a crack longer than an inch, its not covered under Service and Repair, but i guess it all depends on the tech and if they have a part/harvest part.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by NxTech3 View Post
    I think you mean isnt officially covered, If the screen has multiple cracks or a crack longer than an inch, its not covered under Service and Repair, but i guess it all depends on the tech and if they have a part/harvest part.
    i ment not officially covered. sorry.

any good service center stocks EVO LCD's

Default Re: How to get my screen replaced?

Hey, you are from the mitten? Anywhere near Detroit? I heard from one of my buddies that I can get my EVO 3D screen replaced for free at the Flat Rock Sprint Store. I do not know if there is any merit to that...do you? Thanks.