Dropped my EVO over the weekend and scratched the screen and bezel pretty good.. No functionality lost, but its ugly cosmetically. I called the sprint store and they said if its just cosmetic and doesn't affect the functionality, they can't replace the screen. I said, so do i have to break it? He said he wouldn't recommend that because then it would have to go thru insurance and then i'd have to pay the $100 deductible. Anyone have any ideas or similar stories that got their screens replaced?
    05-11-2011 05:41 PM
    Guy did not know what he was taking about. As recently as I think march 1,sprint changed policy and there is no more 100 dollars deductible.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    05-11-2011 07:13 PM
    Guy did not know what he was taking about. As recently as I think march 1,sprint changed policy and there is no more 100 dollars deductible.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    Do you have a link? This is good news but I have never heard anything about that.

Sent from my PC36100
    05-11-2011 09:07 PM

EVO-LUTION 3D
    ?? I think you might have heard some bad info.

Cracked screens are not replaced under current Sprint guidelines in authorized service centers. $100 Asurion claim is how Sprint can help you fix it.

You can buy one a bit cheaper on ebay/etc. and do it yourself.
    05-11-2011 09:15 PM

EVO-LUTION 3D

you don't know what you're talking about.

$100 deductible is for an asurion claim.

while a cracked EVO screen is officially covered under ASC guidlines, I replace them all the time and my corporate rep hasn't said anything about it.
    05-12-2011 07:50 AM
    you don't know what you're talking about.

$100 deductible is for an asurion claim.

while a cracked EVO screen is officially covered under ASC guidlines, I replace them all the time and my corporate rep hasn't said anything about it.
    I think you mean isnt officially covered, If the screen has multiple cracks or a crack longer than an inch, its not covered under Service and Repair, but i guess it all depends on the tech and if they have a part/harvest part.
    05-12-2011 08:43 AM
    I think you mean isnt officially covered, If the screen has multiple cracks or a crack longer than an inch, its not covered under Service and Repair, but i guess it all depends on the tech and if they have a part/harvest part.
    i ment not officially covered. sorry.

any good service center stocks EVO LCD's
    05-12-2011 10:16 AM
    Hey, you are from the mitten? Anywhere near Detroit? I heard from one of my buddies that I can get my EVO 3D screen replaced for free at the Flat Rock Sprint Store. I do not know if there is any merit to that...do you? Thanks.
    06-20-2012 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD