Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Default Was the EVO sms bug ever fixed? Still using HandCent?

It's been quite a while now since the SMS bug and I never saw any resolution for the EVO. Sammy fixed their Nexus S apparently. Was that ever fixed for EVO? I've been using HandCent ever since (which I quite like), but wondered it that was still the preferred method to keep the problem at bay. Was there a small update pushed out that I didn't notice?

Thanks. I couldn't find anything in the forum search more recent that January.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Stein View Post
    It's been quite a while now since the SMS bug and I never saw any resolution for the EVO. Sammy fixed their Nexus S apparently. Was that ever fixed for EVO? I've been using HandCent ever since (which I quite like), but wondered it that was still the preferred method to keep the problem at bay. Was there a small update pushed out that I didn't notice?

problems still there, i'm interested though to see if the evo 3d has this problem

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

Yep still there but like you I've been using handcent for about 6 months now...its better anyways
    Current: Samsung Galaxy Note II
    Roms: Lab Rats LK8
    Version:4.1.2
    Hardware: L900.09
    Baseband: L900VPALK8
    PRI: ?
    PRL: 55010
    Kernel: 3.0.31-626403scinfra@SEP-83#1
    Themes: Million Shades of Gray
    Launcher: TW Launcher
    Recovery: TWRP
    Retired: Samsung Instinct,Palm Pre,HTC Evo 4g,htc Evo 4G LTE

Global Posts
    2,077 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What is the problem?
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pappy53 View Post
    What is the problem?
    Nothing much...It's a problem like you're texting your girlfriend, and it goes to your wife instead...EEK!!!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnHigh View Post
    Nothing much...It's a problem like you're texting your girlfriend, and it goes to your wife instead...EEK!!!
    LMAO
    Well if you aren't using a throw-away phone for the girlfriend (and hiding your golf clubs) then you're an amateur. Ask someone who knows (right Tiger?) ...

Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

LOL!

I'm not having any issues with SMS or MMS. What is the issue that hasn't been resolved?
    -Stay thirsty my friends.

My understanding of the problem is that if you went to send a text message using the stock messaging app by going into your recent conversation list, it would sometimes pick a different contact than the one you selected.

Then if you didn't check to see that the recipient was wrong, you could send the text to the wrong person.

ROM
    Decks Reloaded,RebelROM

The stock messaging app is flawed. I don't use it all. It is the one stock app that I would never use. Try Handcent, Chomp or GO SMS. Between those 3, you should be able to text with little to no worries.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

Quote Originally Posted by illwood View Post
    My understanding of the problem is that if you went to send a text message using the stock messaging app by going into your recent conversation list, it would sometimes pick a different contact than the one you selected.

Then if you didn't check to see that the recipient was wrong, you could send the text to the wrong person.
    This happened to me but it was no biggie because it wasn't a message that was incriminating lol

Quote Originally Posted by asd216 View Post
    This happened to me but it was no biggie because it wasn't a message that was incriminating lol
    Same here. Nothing incriminating but, the stock app did pick my wife to miss send something to. It was programmed by someone with evil intent! LOL

ROM
    Stock on most

It's odd they haven't fixed this. First time some executive sends a message to the wrong contact and leaks stock sensitive information or something this will give Android a big black eye over BlackBerry.
    Has anyone with the Gingerbread 'accidental' release checked out the SMS bug on there? If they fixed it there, I wonder if updating to an extract of that would work.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

I wish Handcent would release a paid version. I loath apps with advertising and would happily pay to use Handcent. I agree that the stock messaging app stinks. Mine is always messing up the time stamps where I get texts four hours before they were sent!

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod 9

I don't have any other issues with the stock app

Quote Originally Posted by badcat View Post
    I wish Handcent would release a paid version. I loath apps with advertising and would happily pay to use Handcent. I agree that the stock messaging app stinks. Mine is always messing up the time stamps where I get texts four hours before they were sent!
    Handcent does offer that. Go to their site and there are services you can purchase and get rid of all the ads as well.

I paid $5.99 some time ago to be a VIP member and now have no ads.
    Thanked by:
    badcat 

Global Posts
    1,188 Global Posts
    ROM
    Never Stock

Quote Originally Posted by illwood View Post

Never had that problem (on any of the ROMs I have run). My wife and her mom both have the EVO and if anything can go wrong, it will for them, and this has not happened to them either. Guess we can just count ourselves as lucky! Sorry for those of you having this issue, it does sound like something that would move me to Handcent in a heartbeat.
    -Stay thirsty my friends.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Handcent does offer that. Go to their site and there are services you can purchase and get rid of all the ads as well.

I paid $5.99 some time ago to be a VIP member and now have no ads.
    Thank you. I wasn't aware of that. I'll check that out.

ROM
    EOS3 nightly 61 (4.1.2)

Quote Originally Posted by badcat View Post
    This has happened to me as well. One of my friends lives in a big roaming area for Sprint and whenever I'm at his house all my text messages are from the future. It's like there is some gap in the time space continuum up there...lol.
    If by some chance I helped you out, please be so kind as to hit that thanks button. You'd be a lot cooler if you did.

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CaMelGuY1337 View Post
    This has happened to me as well. One of my friends lives in a big roaming area for Sprint and whenever I'm at his house all my text messages are from the future. It's like there is some gap in the time space continuum up there...lol.
    Maybe it does have something to do with roaming. Where I work the cell signal in the building is non-existent and my phone indicates I'm roaming about 75% of the day. The only messages I seem to have issues with are ones that my wife sends me via a Cox email account and they are always about four hours off... Maybe Sprint wants to charge us for correcting the time space continuum...
    Banned

Global Posts
    626 Global Posts

It hasn't happened to me either....yet. I use Handcent anyhow because I like it better.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Stein View Post

The bug is still on their it will be interesting to see if the Evo 3d has the same issue
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    3,549 Global Posts
    ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

The sms fix is in android 2.3.2, so until we get that (we already do if your willing to root and rom) the bug will be present.
    Some say the glass is half empty. Some say its half full. I say, "Are you going to drink that?"

Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    ROM
    Decks GB 1.3d

I've never had this happen, but something that sounds similar is I've clicked on a text thread of one person and it opens another thread. In which case if that is the problem people have had, they should look at the name of the person they're texting if it's an already open thread.

same thing with the epic 4g even with handsent sms although the text was to my friend and it got to my girlfriend has happend like twice but no incriminating messages either just business.

I love Handcent and was wondering when I put it on my 3D if I have a Handcent folder that was on my SD card from my EVO if I copy that folder to my new phones sd card will it save my settings or am I going to have to reconfigure each persons settings all over again?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast