Received Nasty Sprint Letter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Where did the OP go? Was it a big red employee trying to scare us poor little sprint users?

I was thinking the same thing, but didn't want to say it for once...He was probably trolling the water to see if some rumor he heard was true so he could report back to the Verizon boards that Sprint does something if you go over 3GB...I go over 3GB every month, and the most is 7GB one month. I'm pretty sure my 7GB month would have got me a letter if there was one...lol

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It is a little odd there hasn't been another post from the OP. Would like to see the actual contents of the letter and know if there was tethering. I easily use 3+ GB and haven't seen such a letter.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I received a nasty letter in the mail from Sprint on Saturday stating that I have 30 days to stop my tethering of my phone or opt in for their wifi feature or purchase an aircard or hotspot on respective plan. If my downloads have not been brought down to a standard level within 30 days or if I choose not to sign up for one of those services I will be disconnected and ETF will apply.

They stated based on my past few months of service they have looked through that it is clear based on the amount downloaded that I have been tethering that no device can download 3GB worth of information in a month.

So what I am posting here is has anyone else got these letters? And my biggest upset about this is I am PAYING 10 a month for "unlimited data" they added those fees onto smart phones to keep data unlimited. I hope this letter is a scam, because if not I smell another class action lawsuit coming on that unlimited data is not unlimited we call it unlimited but it must fall with in our "respectable" limits........ I CALL BS.

How can you get a letter from Sprint this past Saturday when you posted this in the TB
section 3-15-11

Posted By njt462
Extended Life Battery

I have a question for you all. I had an HTC EVO on Sprint before I ported over to Verizon and was wondering. Will the extended life battery I have for the EVO fit into the Thunderbolt and the back...
:-!

Even further on the 13th

Posted By njt462
Board users please check history of date and time...

Board users please check history of date and time stamps of posts. That post with the "Beware the Ides of March" was by me a customer of Verizon not an employee. I signed up there phone sales

Last edited:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
II
How can you get a letter from Sprint this past Saturday when you posted this in the TB
section 3-15-11

Posted By njt462
Extended Life Battery

I have a question for you all. I had an HTC EVO on Sprint before I ported over to Verizon and was wondering. Will the extended life battery I have for the EVO fit into the Thunderbolt and the back...
:-!

Even further on the 13th

Posted By njt462
Board users please check history of date and time...

Board users please check history of date and time stamps of posts. That post with the "Beware the Ides of March" was by me a customer of Verizon not an employee. I signed up there phone sales

So, when he said "I CALL BS" he was talking about his own post huh?

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
hahaha I wrecked through 3 GB this week thanks to the new Netflix app.

Note: I am now ADDICTED to "Sons of Anarchy" now, and watched Land Before Time, don't judge me. :p

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
well, i can say this. since i started a new job. i haven't been able to wireless tether my phone. i get about 2 minutes and i'm shut down. no longer able to connect.

i'm a trucker. so i get 2 minutes at every location i've been.
las vegas, phoenix. etc.

i am now at home and no longer able to tether. so i would assume that this is a thing of what's to come for all of us. either pay for it. or don't get access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech