internet: told it not to remember a password I need

dhvac

May 16, 2011
Visit site
so the most important site I use for work I told my browser to never remember a password for..... how do I change that?

to clarify just in case, when you go to a web site and enter a user name and password it asks if you want to remember a password, gives you the options of remember, not now and never, i should have clicked remember and clicked never'

thank you in advance
Dave

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure you have to go to...

Settings, applications, browser, clear defaults.

Clear Defaults will just clear any actions on the phone you set to launch the browser. Clear Data will do the trick, but that will wipe out any stored information for every site. I'm not sure how to go in and edit it for one site.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I think you want to clear "Cookies" not "Data" or "Defaults".

As far as I understand it's :

When you clear "Defaults" it clears any browser actions such as when you click a link in an email or app or when you go to open a new window in the browser.

When you clear "Data" it clears out the browser cashed. Things like the most resent web pages you've visited as well as any browser history.

When you clean out "Cookies" it clears any usernames and passwords that are stored when you choice to let the browser remember your password. I think this is what you may want to clear. Just makes sence to me.

Sent From My Pocket Rocket!!!!!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I think you want to clear "Cookies" not "Data" or "Defaults".

As far as I understand it's :

When you clear "Defaults" it clears any browser actions such as when you click a link in an email or app or when you go to open a new window in the browser.

When you clear "Data" it clears out the browser cashed. Things like the most resent web pages you've visited as well as any browser history.

When you clean out "Cookies" it clears any usernames and passwords that are stored when you choice to let the browser remember your password. I think this is what you may want to clear. Just makes sence to me.

Sent From My Pocket Rocket!!!!!

This man has it right here, clear the cookies and you will be good to go.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

gaston9x19

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
That did not work for me. The site that I want a password remembered on is still not asking me whether to remember, not now, or never remember the password after clearing cookie data.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
That did not work for me. The site that I want a password remembered on is still not asking me whether to remember, not now, or never remember the password after clearing cookie data.

Next step then is to try 'clear data' but you will lose any and all personalised settings/bookmarks/etc. Not sure if you said or not but what browser are you using?

spicato

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Late, I know, but I came across this while trying to find an answer to this issue and just figured it out (if "Internet" is similar to the Samsung app I'm using). The solution is (possibly unfortunately) to clear your saved passwords. This should reset the prompt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol