Who is sticking with their Evo instead of upgrading to Evo 3d?

sandrshe

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Keeping my Evo. I don't care about 3d. Besides, Evo 3d has 5 mega pixel cam. Why would I want that?!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
^unless you're looking at your pics at poster size, there's no difference from 5mp to 8mp.. i keep seeing this debate all over the place

check it out : The Megapixel Myth

anyway, i'll 100% be swapping for a 3D, it's the same as the Evo but everything is better.. i'm in

thomasanderson

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I wouldnt mind sticking with my original Evo, it just doesn't have enough damn memory for me. Coming from the iphone since 2007 Im an appaholic. I just dont understand why HTC put sooo much more memory in the HTC Incredible than they did the Evo. I certainly hope it wasnt a trade off for the kickstand. And although the Evo 3d doesnt have as much as the Incredible, is has double that of the Evo 4g. So Im forced to upgrade.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I wouldnt mind sticking with my original Evo, it just doesn't have enough damn memory for me. Coming from the iphone since 2007 Im an appaholic. I just dont understand why HTC put sooo much more memory in the HTC Incredible than they did the Evo. I certainly hope it wasnt a trade off for the kickstand. And although the Evo 3d doesnt have as much as the Incredible, is has double that of the Evo 4g. So Im forced to upgrade.

This, I love my evo to death but I hate having so little ram that I don't even keep enough apps on my phone to fill a full page of the app drawer. 466mb of available ram is just crap.

I will probably stick with the OG Evo. They down graded the camera just to add another one, don't BS me on you can't tell a difference.

5 Mega pixels isn't enough to get a good quality 8x10. Trust me I know I work in a photo lab and toy in photography. 8 Mega pixels will give you a decent clear 8x10.

I'm a heavy user when it comes to the kickstand and the 3D lacking that is a big consideration.

What I do want is the quadcomm dual core processor and double of the available ram with 4gigs of internal memory. This will be the sole purpose of me getting this phone will be the available ram the phone has.

Also the 3D camera shows depth to photos, nothing pops out towards you like the movies, its quite the opposite, looks like you are looking in a box. Ie something like a project your child had to do within a box for school.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
^unless you're looking at your pics at poster size, there's no difference from 5mp to 8mp.. i keep seeing this debate all over the place

check it out : The Megapixel Myth

anyway, i'll 100% be swapping for a 3D, it's the same as the Evo but everything is better.. i'm in

Lol at said link. Work in a photo lab and have a 6 Mega pixel picture printed at even a 11x14 and it will be digitized. I will show proof if needed.

Last edited:

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my EVO only a week or so after launch and I am still very happy with it. I think that rooting and running different ROMs has held my interest and need to tweak. I will likely stay with my EVO for a little while after the EVO 3D comes out (even though I'm Sprint Gold status). I want to see what impressions are on speed, battery life, and the usefulness of the 3D before I drop some coin on a new phone.

That and I'm likely to root it after I get bored with Ginger Sense, so it would have to be worth it if all I'm getting is the same user experience.

+1...i just got the evo and i love it, but i also like the evo 3d..looks awesome. but i always like to wait to buy a phone (normally 6-8 months) just to see how its getting along with the crowd and if its really worth the upgrade.

nextelfixer

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I've also had mine since launch day and at this point, I really don't think I will be changing it out for the 3d. This is the longest period of time I have ever had a phone and with the custom roms available( currently running Virus's Sense 3.0 port) this phone still holds my interest. :)

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been eligible for an upgrade for a while, but I'm going to wait to see the feedback on the 3D before I jump in. I really am quite happy with my Evo.

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got the Evo on launch day, and thanks to a friend I have been sitting on an upgrade since August. I too might get the Evo 3d. I am curious about the dual core. The "3d" is more of a bonus.

vnmous1

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Evo since launch. It's the first phone I've ever owned (and I've owned a buttload, including bag phones....I'm old) that I wasn't ready to deep-6 for the "next-best-thing". I see absolutely no reason to leave this thing unless they get a small battery that lasts days. I spend a lot of my time in an office so I'm next to a charger all day. But, I've bought the "slightly larger" versions of Amazon and they blow as well. Finally a few days ago, because I had a coupon, I ordered the 3500 Seidio from Amazon. Bulky, heavy, ugly. But, I've had it unplugged since yesterday at 5:30p and it's 9:30a now. There is NO WAY that could have ever happened without it. If I get an all-day (not 24 hour) usage out of this, I'm in for the long haul.

BTW, I bought the stupid looking industrial strength Transformers syle mega case and matching holster by mistake. Sweet Jesus....now it IS ugly and I've carried handguns on my hip that weighed less. It's going back to Amazon.

bj

Reactions: FreudSlipped

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Nothing about the 3D says to me, "Wow, I gotta have that!" Until a phone does that, I'm sticking with the Evo.

jamesrshaffer3

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I got my evo one month after it came out.. I love this phone still!! I am keeping it until something better comes out.. I was really hoping the pre3 was coming to sprint but I heard it is not.. I am waiting until the gingerbread update comes out and then I am going to experiment with rooting!! The EVO I think is still one of the better phones I have seen!!

ace_spades

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Im sticking with my evo... if and when (big if) a 3rd generation Nexus comes out after my two years is up then and only then will I depart from my beloved evo ... but until then...I'll be rolling with this until the proverbial wheels fall off

FreudSlipped

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
BTW, I bought the stupid looking industrial strength Transformers syle mega case and matching holster by mistake. Sweet Jesus....now it IS ugly and I've carried handguns on my hip that weighed less. It's going back to Amazon.

LMAO Nothing more enjoyable than running in Fry boots with a Model 1911 slapping at your hip.

I'm sticking with the EVO. In fact, I'm hoping for a flood of used EVO's to hit ebay when the 3D hits the market. I'll pick up a used one for my daughter if the price drops enough.

Reactions: Uncle Louie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox