HTV EVO vs Grain of Sand...

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, this isn't necessarily a question, per se, but just a gripe. I have had my EVO since launch day last year and made it this far without a case or screen protector - and no damage. That is, until, this past weekend. We made a last minute dash to the beach. I left my phone in the car as to not let it get sand damage, but, low and behold, the sand gets everywhere. We went for a walk on the beach, and when we got back, I put my phone in my pocket. And that's where the crime went down. It seems that one piece of sand went crazy and scratched the hell out of my EVO's screen.

One piece of sand...in a year. I've had my EVO in my pocket with keys and other things and never scratched the screen...but, one piece of sand. UGH....

I want to cry! :'-(

Anyway, thanks for reading... :)

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyway, thanks for reading... :)

LOL, I feel your pain. The unfortunate thing is this is not indicative of anything to do with the EVO itself, a piece of sand will do that to ANY and EVERY screen out there!!

Funny story -- was driving my wife's minivan this winter and I noticed all these scratches on the windshield in from of the driver's seat. Originally thought it was streaks on the outside of the window, but no -- it was on the inside. Took me a while but I finally figured out how they got there. My wife was dropping me off one early winter morning and there was fog on the inside of the window. She proceeded to wipe that fog away with the back of her knit mitten. Her wedding ring was poking through the knit mitten and scratching the heck out of the windshield. Eventually had to replace the windshield.

pjkingphd#WN

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I feel your pain. Mine got scratched by the contacts on my spare battery. But I took it to the Ghost Armour kiosk at the mall and had them install the GA on my screen only which not only covered up the scratch but also helps with smudges (in my opinion). Try that.

its_miller_time

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I know a piece of sand will do that to any screen, but I just wanted to scream because I made it to the beach last year right after I got it (like, literally) and was fine...and made it a whole year without doing anything to the phone...and then, one piece of sand...one tiny grain... Ugh...

HOWEVER...

Some good news today. Since my EVO has the lovely white spots on the LCD and no one carries the LCD screens for the original hardware EVO that came out, they are replacing my phone for me. Thank goodness for TEP!!!! :) :) The phone replacement is currently backordered for a week, but I can handle that knowing IT WILL be replaced. Thanks Sprint! :)

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh man that's terrible! I feel for you.

I must have gotten lucky. My wife and I got our Evo's last July and had them shipped to us at the beach. We were super careful but took them to the beach with us. We managed to get them back home without any scratches. I think we got lucky though!

boggs3010#AC

Banned
May 17, 2010
Visit site
LOL, I feel your pain. The unfortunate thing is this is not indicative of anything to do with the EVO itself, a piece of sand will do that to ANY and EVERY screen out there!!

Funny story -- was driving my wife's minivan this winter and I noticed all these scratches on the windshield in from of the driver's seat. Originally thought it was streaks on the outside of the window, but no -- it was on the inside. Took me a while but I finally figured out how they got there. My wife was dropping me off one early winter morning and there was fog on the inside of the window. She proceeded to wipe that fog away with the back of her knit mitten. Her wedding ring was poking through the knit mitten and scratching the heck out of the windshield. Eventually had to replace the windshield.

Off topic, I just had my windshield replaced for the same exact issue!!!! ( just replaced yesterday)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463