Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default When do you think Sprint will start selling the SS?

    I think Sprint will announce the SS today with a 'summer' release window but no specific date or pricing.

    What do you think?
  2. #2  

    Default

    I think you are probably correct but I hope that you are not. As someone else mentioned, Palm built up a lot of hype with the pre at CES and waited too long to launch which seriously hurt their sales in the long run. Then again, HTC isn't a struggling company that invested everything into one phone either.
  3. #3  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dandm4life View Post
    I think you are probably correct but I hope that you are not. As someone else mentioned, Palm built up a lot of hype with the pre at CES and waited too long to launch which seriously hurt their sales in the long run. Then again, HTC isn't a struggling company that invested everything into one phone either.
    Correct. HTC isn't "hurting" per se, but no company should attempt a head-to-head with the iPhone 4G this summer. Companies should try to capitalize on market lulls and this is the perfect time of year to release devices (Jan - April typically see the most churn rate for cell carriers... Income tax checks come in and people are more willing to pay ETF's to go to another carrier for a certain phone).
  4. #4  
    r-nice's Avatar

    Posts
    325 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

    Default

    Smart money says they give a Summer release window but ideally it would be out much sooner to capitalize on the announcement and interest.
  5. #5  
    Duvi's Avatar

    Posts
    875 Posts
    Global Posts
    19,870 Global Posts

    Default

    6 months after AT&T's release!








    just kidding... hehe. I kind of wish Sprint had the N1 already. Would have gotten for Sprint instead of AT&T to save on $$$. I have 3 lines with $30 plans on them now. On Sprint, I'm an add-a-line
  6. #6  

    Default Sometime soon

    They're saying summer but there have been too many mentions of a release soon. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it in April. I did note on one of the screenshots the date was June 1; I wonder if that is a clue...

    Either way the release can't be soon enough!
  7. #7  

    Default

    pdadb.net has it set for June 2010. I think that is what it had for the Pre and it launched in June as well. Might be perfect timing to get all the Sprint Premier Pre owners (I was one of them until I got myself a Hero last week) to jump ship onto the Android platform.

    For me I'll be honing in on all the skills needed for Android with my Hero until June, so the subsidy will be available again!!!
  8. #8  

    Default

    i remember seeing a screenshot of sprints release dates and remember something about june..
  9. #9  
    jmart603's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

    Default

    i would say june is most likely
  10. #10  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,808 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    right around 1 year after the pre release. hmmm
  11. #11  
    Ozmodiar's Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVO:CM7, Xoom:Stock HC

    Default

    Exactly what I am hoping for, actually. :-)

    I'm more than willing to say goodbye to my Pre and Hello to my Evo 4G!
  12. #12  
    Andrew Ruffolo's Avatar

    Posts
    3,808 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DeusPigritae View Post
    Exactly what I am hoping for, actually. :-)

    I'm more than willing to say goodbye to my Pre and Hello to my Evo 4G!
    A lot of people on here understand. I was fortunate enough to get out and have it exchanged with any device other than the Touch Pro 2. I went with the Hero though cause my sister was familiar with Android and offered to help me out. I found this website, and now I help her out
    Its a bit of a shock at first. The stock Hero lags like hell, but once I got the balls to root and install a custom ROM (thanks gbhil), it flies. I have no doubts this thing will be a beast out of the box though, no custom ROM needed for speed improvement.
  13. #13  

    Default

    I stood in line for my Pre and I will stand in line for this.
  14. #14  

    Default

    Kadafy- Same here. Well, I'm hoping that i won't have to stand in line, as HTC seems to have their production figured out where they will have plenty to take care of everyone.
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GolpherZX View Post
    Kadafy- Same here. Well, I'm hoping that i won't have to stand in line, as HTC seems to have their production figured out where they will have plenty to take care of everyone.
    I know it's not as hot of an item, But tmo says HTC is keeping them in pretty good stock with the HD2, so they should be good with this too.
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Correct. HTC isn't "hurting" per se, but no company should attempt a head-to-head with the iPhone 4G this summer. Companies should try to capitalize on market lulls and this is the perfect time of year to release devices (Jan - April typically see the most churn rate for cell carriers... Income tax checks come in and people are more willing to pay ETF's to go to another carrier for a certain phone).
    You're wrong for ONE simple fact:

    iPhone 4G will be available for 3G ONLY.

    Evo will be available on 4G/3G.

    So if you're in an area with 4G speeds and you want that speed, you have only ONE option: Evo.

    There is ONE thing going in Apple's favor here though - the name of their phone is misleading/confusing enough to non-tech savvy people that they're going to believe it'll get 4G speeds.
  17. #17  
    alan7467's Avatar

    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

    Default

    The sooner they can get this out the better IMHO. They should also start advertising the hell out of it on TV.

    Also, has it actually been confirmed that the new iPhone will be called the 4G? That would be deceptive indeed.
  18. #18  
    Ozmodiar's Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVO:CM7, Xoom:Stock HC

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kadafy View Post
    I stood in line for my Pre and I will stand in line for this.
    Agreed. I was the 3rd person in line in my city, and I was the first one to finish the setup process and get out of the store. I will make goddamn sure the same thing happens again.

    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    You're wrong for ONE simple fact:

    iPhone 4G will be available for 3G ONLY.

    Evo will be available on 4G/3G.

    So if you're in an area with 4G speeds and you want that speed, you have only ONE option: Evo.

    There is ONE thing going in Apple's favor here though - the name of their phone is misleading/confusing enough to non-tech savvy people that they're going to believe it'll get 4G speeds.
    My roommate works for AT&T and we were just discussing that last night. I'm wondering if they don't call it iPhone 4th-Gen or something similar to avoid the "4G" naming hassle. It'll be interesting to see what they end up doing.
  19. #19  

    Default

    6tr6tr: good post on the deceptive title, this is very true.

    Sprint will market the hell outta this as they are the ONLY company offering this service. I really think from a marketing/business stand point the release date makes sense in June. The Pre owners will be able to use their one year upgrade and go after this phone.

    I hope its sooner though...
  20. #20  
    Ozmodiar's Avatar

    Posts
    54 Posts
    Global Posts
    287 Global Posts
    ROM
    EVO:CM7, Xoom:Stock HC

    Default

    Since I can't upgrade until June, I'm completely OK with it being sooner. This way I won't have to wait in line, and (hopefully) miss any issues with "first shipment" devices. From what I hear, the build quality of newer Palm Pre's are much higher than the first-gen one I have.
  21. #21  
    LCW
    LCW is offline
    LCW's Avatar

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1 (JRO03C)

    Default

    summer is officially June 21st... so
    ***SOLD but not forgotten***
    Google Nexus One
  22. #22  

    Default

    Anytime after June 6th which is the one year anniversary of my Pre purchase. I'll be eligible then and will definitely be buying this beast of a phone.
  23. #23  

    Default

    Actually, you should be available to go June 1st. I checked my upgrade status at a store when I was having issues with my Pre and it was June 1st, even though I got it on June 6th as well. So far so good I'm happy with my Hero and the Android OS. I am a definite Android user for the long haul.
  24. #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GolpherZX View Post
    Actually, you should be available to go June 1st. I checked my upgrade status at a store when I was having issues with my Pre and it was June 1st, even though I got it on June 6th as well. So far so good I'm happy with my Hero and the Android OS. I am a definite Android user for the long haul.
    Awesome, thanks for the heads up. This will be my first Android OS phone and I'm definitely looking forward to it.
  25. #25  

    Default

    I made a joke on twitter about the release, but it wasn't 100% in jest.

    Somewhere on some blog (yeah pretty vague) I saw a post in a story's comments from a Daniel Cho who said Sprint/HTC were planning on a big whoop-de-doo on June 30 with the rollout of 4G for Kansas City and the release of the Supersonic (EVO).

    No idea who Daniel Cho is, or even if it was just a troll posting, but it makes perfect sense after yesterdays news.
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions