Big Day or Big Dud?

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I don't think the SS will be a dud in itself... what I fear is the wait time until release the most.

Snapdragon's + Android make an amazing combination, 512 / 512 (although 2 GB should be onboard for Programs) isn't shabby, and the gi-normous screen makes this a flagship phone for ANY carrier.

I do want the phone to be fully baked (ala the Nexus One 2G/3G issues), but there could be foreseeable delays on the first 4G phone (with just cause).

Any thoughts on how Sprint can spin this into a carrier "stealer"?

atomicdog21

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I think the most important thing will be how they convey the 4G message. Ala' the Verizon/ATT "there's a map for that" you can be pretty sure that IF Sprint makes a big push on being the only 4G in town, they'll get slammed in the commercials for the limited (but growing) number of cities. As far as the supersonic itself goes, there's so much going for it, but the screen is clearly the scene stealer. Marketing on this baby has to focus around the unparalleled picture a 4.3 inch HD screen can bring. Cripes, I read somewhere that was the size of the original PSP screen. Is that right?

atomicdog21

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Also, a release date in the very near future is a must to get the boost off the hype. Friends of mine who don't follow the phone business are aware of this phone. It's a game changer if it's out in the next month.

ERDude

Oct 21, 2009
www.droidtalk.net
I think someone at Sprint jumped the gun, Dan isn't due to speak until tomorrow.

I just hope that the LG Remarq isn't the groundbreaking device they were talking about.

wirelessness#AC

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
The only foreseeable thing Sprint/HTC could do to screw this up is release the device within the same time frame as the next generation iSheep device, read (what happened to the Palm Pre). They need to get this sucker to market SOONER than later. The hype will die down once the next great device gets announced.

Darth Pooh#CB

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I think someone at Sprint jumped the gun, Dan isn't due to speak until tomorrow.

I just hope that the LG Remarq isn't the groundbreaking device they were talking about.

It appears to be the case OR (boulder of salt) Premier customers are getting an email campaign sent to them later today.

My guess is they flagged the message a day early to Premier members... errr... uhh... oops? Or maybe just another part of the hype machine that we call marketing. I wouldn't be shocked at all, you'd be amazed at the stuff I've heard done for marketing purposes.

The only foreseeable thing Sprint/HTC could do to screw this up is release the device within the same time frame as the next generation iSheep device, read (what happened to the Palm Pre). They need to get this sucker to market SOONER than later. The hype will die down once the next great device gets announced.

Yep. Look, I am not going to knock the iPhone at all... it's actually a very well done device (every device has flaws... removable battery and multitasking are probably the two biggest for the iPhone), but to think it's not a competition killer is to be completely in denial. I've seen people try to downplay the iPhone as being some sort of mythical giant in the land of cell phones. The truth is... it is a GIANT in the land of cell phones. The sooner its recognized, the better off competition can market and strategize around Apple time tables. Verizon did it perfectly with the Droid... November/December to April is sweet spot.

anon(5021)

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
like i said in the other forums... i hope it is the Supersonic but i'm guessing it will be "america's first android iden device... the motorola i1".... humbug

wirelessness#AC

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
@mockash34
Wrong.

There was barely an announcement for that device. Sprint has been harping that 4G is their new 'Mantra'. If they don't make some big 4G related announcement by tomorrow I would be shocked.

Last edited: